We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for achieving your personal goals in driving change in health interventions, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant position below, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: Youth Innovation Officer
Job Code: sfh-48617
Locations: Kano and Jigawa
Job type: Full-time
Duration of Contract: 36 months
Slot: 2 Opening per state
- The Youth Innovation Officers will support the design and state specific innovations and programme adaptations at the field.
- They will also support the Behavioural Change Communication Specialist to collate human interest stories, success stories and best practices of the Project’s interventions from the states.
- They will also act as advocates for AYSRH in their states and influence policy on ASRH programming in these states.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Programme design and adaptations – as a core component of the multidisciplinary team for all design processes through Youth–Adult partnerships.
- Programme monitoring and surveys – lead mystery client and client satisfaction surveys; monitor and evaluate the conformation of implementation with programme integrity.
- Programme implementation and communication – support the collation of success stories and human-interest stories, commemoration of special events/days, and other project communication activities.
- Advocacy and policy change by acting as advocates for AYSRH in the states and influence policy on ASRH programming.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess OND, HND, or BSc in Science, Arts, Social Science, or related fields.
- Minimum of one-year post- graduation working experience in related field.
- Experience with implementing Human Centred Design approaches is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages especially Excel, and DHIS 2.
- Proficient in reading and generating reports from data. Creativity and Report writing skills, use of infographics will be of advantage to this position
- Passionate about ASRH issues.
- Ability to manage relationships, demonstrable success in advocacy for ASRH programming at community or state level.
- Creativity, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and open to change.
- Team leadership skills and ability to mobilise teams
- Ability to speak the main local languages in the state of implementation (Kano or Jigawa State).
- Sound interpersonal communication, persuasive communication and presentation skills.
- Sound advocacy skills, problem solving and analytical ability.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is based on industry standards, and designed to attract, motivate, and incentivize talented individuals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles is situated are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 3rd November, 2021.
Scholarships you may like to Apply:
- Apply for Eric Bleumink Fund Masters Scholarship 2021/22 at the University of Groningen
- How to Apply for 2022 DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarships for Foreign Students and Graduates
- William Georgetti Scholarship 2021/2022 for Postgraduate Studies in New Zealand
- Developing Solutions Masters 2022/2023 Scholarships at University of Nottingham
- How to Apply for NITDA |Bridge To MassChallenge Nigeria 2021
- How to Apply for Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023 for Postgraduate Students
- Graduate Entrance Awards at the University of Calgary, Canada 2021
- IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program for Early Career Researchers