The federal government Monday said about N7.3bn was yet to be disbursed to the remaining beneficiaries of its 774, 000 Special Public……
The federal government Monday said about N7.3bn was yet to be disbursed to the remaining beneficiaries of its 774, 000 Special Public Works programme.
The Minster of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo, disclosed this during budget defence session by the Senate Committee on Labour in Abuja.
The programme, domiciled in the National Directorate of Employment, engaged 774,000 Nigerians across the country to carry out public works for three months and beneficiaries are to be N60, 000 each.
Keyamo said attributed the delay to bank issues, but promised that the remaining fund would be disbursed before end of December.
He said limited banks were selected for the programme to ease audit process.
“Why we insisted on certain banks was because of auditing process. This is so that we have a clear audit instead of us chasing banks all over the place.
“We said the banks should use their local branches to ensure that those 1,000 people selected in that local government area go to those banks within that locality.”
The minister, however, said the ministry had opened up the process whereby beneficiaries could use any bank in their locality.
Members of the committee had lamented that many of their constituents who were engaged for the scheme were yet to be paid almost one year after.
- Each applicant must submit a one-page summary of only relevant job experiences and accomplishments related to the advertised position to justify why they should be considered as the right fit for the job.
- Submitted Resume should include detailed work experience or projects previously undertaken to enhance an applicant’s chance of being selected for interview.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship on Food Security and the Environment at Stanford University
- Apply for 2022 ANU Tuition Fee MPhil Scholarship for International Students.
- How to Apply for DAAD In-Country/In-Region Programme Sub-Saharan Africa (Masters and PhD Studies) 2022 Scholarship.
- University of Toronto Fung Yiu King Memorial Scholarship Apply for University of Copenhagen PhD Positions 2021-2022 [Paid Positions]
- Apply for Eric Bleumink Fund Masters Scholarship 2021/22 at the University of Groningen
- How to Apply for 2022 DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarships for Foreign Students and Graduates
- William Georgetti Scholarship 2021/2022 for Postgraduate Studies in New Zealand
- Developing Solutions Masters 2022/2023 Scholarships at University of Nottingham
- How to Apply for NITDA |Bridge To MassChallenge Nigeria 2021
- How to Apply for Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023 for Postgraduate Students
- Graduate Entrance Awards at the University of Calgary, Canada 2021
- IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program for Early Career Researchers
Note: Pinnacle Report Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That Gives Information Concerning Politics, Jobs, Scholarships, Sports, Relationships, Crime, Health, Entertainment And Lots More.
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/FCmaY9RgOFw0eynyjYvqhz
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
774,000 Jobs: Why Payment Of Beneficiaries Is Delayed – FG