AB Microfinance Bank is a national microfinance bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), with its head office in Lagos and branches spread across Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo and Anambra State. AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria is committed to its passion of helping to improve the business opportunities of entrepreneurs by availing them of easy access to affordable loans, as well as improve the general financial status of everyone with its deposit accounts. It is a limited liability company duly incorporated in Nigeria under the 2002 Companies and Allied Matters Act, and is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria as a fully fledged microfinance bank.
The Bank has an exceptional group of very strong international shareholders committed to the task of improving access to financial services in the country. These shareholders are Access Microfinance Holding AG of Germany, KfW – the German Development Bank, the African Development Bank, and the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group. Together, they have an established record of setting up and managing microfinance banks across the African and Asian continents in such countries as Nigeria, Tanzania, Liberia, Zambia, Rwanda, Madagascar, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Georgia and Brazil.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Trainee Loan Officer
Reference Code: TLO/CR/JUL/2022
Locations: Onitsha – Anambra & Aba – Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Creating and Managing owned Loan portfolio
- Conducting direct promotion and/or other marketing activities on regular basis
- Screening prospect’s eligibility, opening loan applications and arranging appointments with clients
- Conducting loan analyses by visiting the business and household of clients, visiting the business/employer of guarantors and preparing a complete loan assessment according to the bank’s credit procedures
- Presenting loan proposals to the credit committee and informing the client about the decision of the credit committee
- Arranging the disbursement in collaboration with Back Office and client
- Ensuring punctual repayments by monitoring loans with the bank’s software (myMBS) contacting and visiting all parties base on needs
- Ensuring high quality standards of the bank’s credit portfolio
- Actively participating in committees and group discussions, looking for ways to help solve group problems, proactively seeking for improvement and willing to align his/her personal goals with ABN’s goals.
- Minimum educational qualification of B.Sc. / HND
- Basic knowledge of Financial mathematics & Accounting
- 1 – 2 years relevant working experience would be an added advantage
- Basic computer skills and mobile Application
- Detailed and target oriented
- Good team spirit
- Self-motivated and industrious individuals who like to work outdoor
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to disburse small and medium sized loans to MICRO BUSINESSES.
Job Title: Junior Legal Officer
REF Code: JLO/JUL/2022
Employment Type: Full-time
- Negotiate, draft and advise on various kinds of commercial agreements.
- On the advice of the line supervisor, conduct research on various relevant legal issues as it affects compliance with the statutory regulations, applicable legislations, agreements and legal issues affecting the Bank’s operations.
- Liaison with client’s solicitors with regard credit arrears management.
- Liaise with external counsel in the co-ordination of land searches, company searches ,perfection of mortgages, and ongoing litigation.
- Liaise with appropriate regulatory authorities on behalf of the Company on legal matters.
- Participate in the negotiation and settlement of disputes if any, between loan client and the bank.
- As per the advice of the Head of the Legal Department, conduct research on Legal issues especially on the adequacy of various types of securities granted by the bank.
- Support in the preparation and filing of regulatory returns in compliance with the provision of the Nigeria law, local requirements and regulatory guidelines.
- Attend court and serve as the bank’s representative in court cases and at mediation sessions.
- Ensure proper filing and record keeping of documents and internal registers within the department
- Provide daily support to branches regarding all recovery decisions and activities. Support and intervene in Police matters.
- A good First Degree in Law from a reputable university.
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association or its equivalent is essential.
- Minimum of two (4) years relevant work experience.
- Ability to effectively conduct research successfully.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computer application packages.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within stipulated timelines and according to instructions.
- Good team spirit.
- High service-orientation.
Job Title: Credit Portfolio Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer
Directly supervises: N/A
Replaced by (Reliever): Credit Risk Manager (Senior Risk Manager)
Career Path: Head of Credit Risk, Chief Risk Officer
General Description of Responsibilities
- The Credit Portfolio Analyst’s main duty is to produce quality and timely credit analytic reports about Baobab Nigeria to the Management and to all stakeholders in compliance with approved definitions, templates, formats, and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Base Accords.
- He/she shall be required to develop and update the Bank’s credit risk analytic reporting tools and ensures reporting processes are adequate and effective.
- He/she will assist in the preparation of ad-hoc reports required by the Supervisor or Management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Prepare internal credit risk analytical reports of the Bank. The main reports are:
- Credit risk reporting package
- Vintage analysis report
- Transition matrix report
- Sector analysis report
- Boar Pack reports
- Monthly Management Risk Committee reports/presentation
- Various ad-hoc credit risk analysis reports
- Provide monthly analysis using dashboards to highlight portfolio-related risk management issues,
- Including concentration, patterns, trends monitoring, and stress testing.
- Liaise with CBN on the CRMS platform for effective disbursement of the loan at the right time
- Perform direct debit for delinquent clients through NIBSS Platform and any other direct debit platforms
- Prepare reports for the Baobab Group Risk Department, including:
- Monthly Group Credit Risk Report
- Other credit risk related reports for Baobab Group (as delegated)
- Share credit risk trends, patterns, and stress testing results with the Group Risk department.
- Coordinate the Bank’s write-off process from the branch level to HQ by ensuring that all write-off documentation is handled properly and documented. This includes a write-off memo to Management for final approval.
- Coordinate the Monthly Management Risk Committee meetings. This involves taking full ownership of all reports and materials required at the Management Risk Committee; by preparing, updating the MRC presentation, and liaising and supporting other units/department to update their contribution to the presentation.
- Analyze data on various types of bank credit products.
- Organize and provide credit data on Nigeria’s Microfinance Sector and Banking Sector.
- Provides technical assistance to Branch and Head office Managers and the Group with regards to insights on credit risk modeling and preparation of the financial report.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Chief Risk Officer or Executive Management.
Internal Relations with all staff and authorities:
Source of Information:
- Baobab Data warehouse Senegal
- Core Banking Software (T24)
- Finance (Sage Accounting System, MCR Report,
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- National Bureau of Statistics
Required Skills and Working Experience
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science.
- At least two (2) years experience in banking-related activities.
- Good years of experience with business analytics, report creation, data validation, and report validation
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proficiency with Excel (intermediate to advanced level) and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving aptitude.
- Professional, ethical, and discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and presentation abilities.
- Committed, responsible, and able to work under pressure and limited time frames.
- Ability to carry out the work on an independent basis as well as in working groups and teams.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Use of either SQL, Power BI, Business Objects, or any analytical/statistical tools as the case may be will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Loan Officer
Locations: Mushin, Yaba and Broadstreet – Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles & Responsibilities
- Promote / market Baobab’s products to prospective clients.
- Visit and evaluate potential client businesses.
- Visit client’s personal house.
- Visit Co-debtor, guarantor’s house and businesses.
- Analyze financial data of clients’ businesses.
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative data of client businesses and households
- Prepare loan documents for Credit Committee.
- Present loan files to Credit Committee.
- Enter loan files in the MIS.
- Conduct monitoring visits to businesses and households.
- Follow-up on loan repayment.
- Manage loan recovery from active and write-off clients until the last.
- Assess the impact of a loan before renewal.
Profile and Requirements
- Education: HND / B.Sc qualification.
- Basic Knowledge in Accounting, Finance and Mathematics.
- Previous work experience or training in sales (preferred).
- Applicants must be between the age of 20 – 35 years.
- Preferably applicants must reside within the location he/she is applying for.
- Fluent in English (written/spoken).
- Target oriented.
- Articulate and well-spoken.
- High level of integrity.
- Dynamic and motivated individuals who like to work outdoors.
- Applicant must reside within the Location he/ she is applying for
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Recommended: New Job Openings at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0F