European Commission Peace Ambassador 2022 Scholarship Program: Interested applicants are invited to apply for the European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship Program 2022. The One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship, delivered in partnership with the European Commission, aims to empower young people to build more cohesive and peaceful societies.
Scholarship recipients will participate in the One Young World Summit 2022, which will see 2,000 young leaders from 190+ countries descend on Manchester for the global forum for young leaders. During the Summit, delegates will present and debate solutions to our time’s most pressing issues alongside senior leaders. Scholarship recipients will join a community of over 200 Peace Ambassadors who have participated in the programme since 2017. The 2022 Peace Ambassador Programme will have a focus on the role of disinformation in fueling hate speech, conflict and violent extremism.
- Participants’ voices will be amplified enabling them to shape the policies that affect them most.
- Increased visibility of young leaders contributing to Peace and P/CVE in their communities.
- Participants will foster dialogue around the key theme of peacebuilding.
- Recipients will learn more about the European Union and its institutions and their role in promoting peace and fostering respect for fundamental rights and freedoms.
Peace Ambassadors will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit which takes place 5 – 8 September 2022 in Manchester, United Kingdom.
- Roundtrip travel to Manchester and back to the country of origin.
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the Summit.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner during the One Young World Summit.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community
- Profiling in various media outlets.
European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship Program 2022 Eligibility
- Applicants must be aged 18 – 30 by September 5;
- Candidates need to be actively engaged in the fields of peace building, conflict resolution, tackling disinformation, or countering violent extremism;
- Available to join the programme full time between 4 and 8 September 2022;
- Nationals of countries considered to be ‘developing or emerging’ according to the International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook and selected countries that are affected by conflict are eligible to apply.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democractic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curacao, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Kosovo, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao P.D.R., Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Sint Maarten, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, State of Palestine, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, São Tomé and Príncipe, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Successful scholars will demonstrate:
- A commitment to creating positive impact through peace building, conflict resolution, tackling disinformation, or countering violent extremism in their communities.
- Proven leadership ability/seen as role models in their communities.
- A capacity for innovation and value-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and/or global issues.
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas.
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration.
- A willingness to stay engaged with fellow Peace Ambassadors, the wider One Young World Community, and the European Commission after the One Young World Summit.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, early applications are strongly advised.
For more information, visit European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship.
Application Deadline: June 26, 2022
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0Fg