We are pleased to inform you about the ongoing Small and Medium Enterprise Scheme CBN Agric AGSMEIS loan; These Agric Small and Medium Enterprise Scheme (AGSMEIS) is an initiative of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to empower Agric businesses across the country.
In this post, you will learn how to apply for the CBN AGSMEIS loan in Nigeria.
Be informed that CBN AGSMEIS loan application for 2021 is still ongoing, and we are here to show you how to apply for the loan. With AGSMEIS, you can access up to N10 million loan from CBN. The interest rate is just 5% without collateral. See other loans that you may be interested in.
Before we show you how to apply for CBN AGSMEIS loan, let’s give you more clarifications by answering some pressing questions.
Agric Small and Medium Enterprise Scheme (AGSMEIS) is an initiative of the Central Bank of Nigerian in a bid to complement the Federal Governments’ efforts at promoting Agric businesses in Nigeria (both small and medium enterprises) as a vehicle for sustainable economic development. The scheme is a voluntary initiative of the Bankers’ Committee which was approved at its 331st meeting held on on February 9, 2017.
The scheme mandated all banks in Nigeria to set aside 5% of their annual profit after tax (VAT). The primary aim of the initiative is to support the government’s efforts and policy measures toward promotion of Agric businesses in the country.
What is the aim of Agric, Small and Medium Enterprise Scheme (AGSMEIS)?
The objectives of the scheme are to ensure;
- Small and medium enterprises have access to finance.
- Create employment opportunities in Nigeria.
- Development of agricultural value and sustainable agric practices.
- Boost the managerial capacity of Agric businesses for national development.
List of sectors eligible for CBN AGSMEIS loan
CBN MSMEs eligible sectors include;
- Agricultural businesses
- Services (Hospitality, Restaurants Catering, Services)
- Creative Industry (Fashion, Design, Crafts, Entertainment)
CBN AGSMEIS Loan Conditions
Here are conditions that must be met begore you can access CBN AGSMEIS;
- Applicant must have been trained by an Entrepreneur Development Institute (EDI)
- Must apply for the loan through EDI, and from there the applications will be sent to CBN for processing.
- Applicants will be called for an interview regarding his/her business, and those qualified will be contacted and given the loan.
Requirements for CBN AGSMEIS loan
Below are the loan requirements for approval and disbursement of funds to applicants;
- Business must be registered with Cooperate Affair Commission (CAC).
- Must privide evidence of tax payments
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Letter of Introduction
- Valid government issued ID card
- Certification by an EDI
- Passport photo of applicant and guarantor
- Letter of Guaranty
Who can write letter of introduction for CBN AGSMEIS loan?
Any of the following can write the letter:
- Your Pastor
- LGA Chairman
- Village Head
- Chief Imam
- CDA Chairman
- Senior Civil Servant (above level 14)
AGSMEIS loan interest rate and duration
- The loan interest rate is 5% for the first five years. Example: If you obtain N1million loan, you will pay back N1million + N50,000 throughout the duration of the loan.
How to apply for CBN AGSMEIS loan
Below are steps to apply for CBN AGSMEIS loan;
- Apply for loan as EDI
Apply through Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI); they will help you to secure the loan. Click Here, to apply and for more information about the loan.
- Apply as applicable
To apply as an individual applicant, kindly click here, to fill the application form.
- Receive funds
Loans are paid into the bank account of the beneficiaries.
- Get business support services
The Entrepreneurship Development Institute assists you to implement business plan and provide business support services commercially.
List of CBN aproved EDC centres in Nigeria
Below is the list of CBN EDC centres in Nigeria and their addresses;
- CBN-EDC, Ibadan (South West)
Their address is Old SDSTC (Oyo Oodua Skill Acquisition Centre Premises),Samonda, along Sango-UI Road, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. You can contact them via their website at www.edcsouthwest.org.
- CBN-EDC, Port Harcourt (South South)
Their web address is www.ssedc.org. Office address is at 30 Trans-Woji road, Grace plaza, by Slaughter Bridge Woji Town, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- CBN-EDC, Maiduguri (North East)
Office address is, Old Informatics Institute, Njimtillo, Kano Road, Maiduguri, Borno State. Website is edcnortheast.com.ng
- CBN-EDC, Kano (North West)
The address is, Murtala Muhammed Library Complex, Kano, Kano State.
- CBN-EDC, Makurdi (North Central)
Address: Off Jonah Jang Crescent, Near Federal Secretariat, Makurdi, Benue State.
- CBN-EDC, Minna (North Central)
Address: Minna Innovation Institute, Behind Niger State Sharia Commission, Justice Ndajiwo Drive, Minna, Niger State.
- CBN-EDC, Enugu (South East)
Address: Ebenezer Villa Suite 8, Ogenyi Close, Off Cornerstone Avenue, Off Nike Lake Resort Road, Enugu, Enugu State.
We will stop here, however, you can get more EDC address and contact at https://www.boi.ng/edcpartners/
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link:https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b
Apply For the ongoing CBN Agric Small and Medium Enterprise Scheme (AGSMEIS) Loan In Nigeria
sharing is caring