The Public Policy Fellowship is a nine-month program that strives to prepare new professionals for policy careers at Twitter. It provides an opportunity to learn about, help with, and influence Twitter’s approach to public policy challenges and opportunities across the world. During their tenure, fellows will gain direct experience by supporting substantive projects. They will also benefit from programming, mentorship, and education designed to drive their professional development. Note: This is a contract role with tentative start/end dates as follows: April 2022 – December 2022.
Global Public Policy Team
We focus on public policy issues posed by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communications services around the world. These issues include freedom of expression, online safety, intellectual property, copyright, privacy, and Internet freedom. The team also directs Twitter’s corporate social responsibility work in the markets we serve. Our Twitter for Good efforts involve working directly with NGOs active in the areas of digital inclusion, online safety and security, underrepresented groups in tech, emergency services/disaster recovery, and countering violent extremism. Finally, the team leads our Twitter Gov efforts, ensuring that elections and political actors find a natural home on Twitter
What you will do:
Fellows will have the opportunity to support one of the team’s three pillars. Placements will be based on business need as well as the fellows’ skills and interests. All fellows can expect to work with stakeholders. Additionally, there may be opportunities to work across all three areas during the nine-month fellowship:
- @Policy Fellows will advance objectives related to government engagement, elections, and platform policies.
- @Gov Fellows will perform work related to Twitter civic engagement and partnerships.
- @TwitterForGood Fellows will support our social impact work at the team and company levels.
Twitter Careers EMEA Public Policy Fellowship Program Qualifications
- Fellows must be current graduate students or recent graduates affiliated with a university within the last two years studying an area relevant to Twitter’s policy objectives. Examples include, but are not limited to: Public Policy, Policy Administration, Foreign Policy, International Affairs, Communications, Non-Profit Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Law
- Availability and capacity to work full-time in a globally distributed, virtual environment
- Fluency in English required (both written and verbal)
- General knowledge of and interest in policy, politics, and regulation important to Twitter and the tech sector
- Proven analytical, writing, research, and communication skills
- Sound judgment, integrity, and attention to detail
- Curiosity about Twitter and its role in the social and political landscape and ideally, proficiency on the platform
A few things that we value:
- Exercising empathy, including respect for work/life balance and boundaries
- Earning and maintaining trust with each other, as well as key partners
- Critical thinking and planning, allowing for effective collaboration and measurable impact
- Confidence and courage to drive toward solutions that are in Twitter’s best interest
- Diversity to make our organization and teams better and stronger – we value a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and experiences!
- Proposed Program Timeline (subject to change)
- February 7 – 16: Application Window
- February 21 – March 7: Interviews
- April 18: Target start date for fellows based in the Americas (US, Canada, and Latin America)
- April 25: Target start date for fellows based in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) and JAPAC (Japan, Asia, and the Pacific)
- December 22: Fellowship concludes
How to Apply
Applicants must submit 1-2 paragraphs (in English) on their resume describing their interest in this Fellowship Program and pillar preference (@Policy, @Gov, @TwitterForGood) in rank order. We’d love to know where you believe you’d make the most impact!
Interested persons should: Apply Here
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
Apply for Twitter Careers EMEA Public Policy 2022 Fellowship Program for Young Professionals
Sharing Is Caring