A leading international boarding School in Lagos requires the services of suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Librarian
Location: Ibeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Librarian will be charged with the responsibility to acquire, organize, promote and disseminate a range of resources to meet the diverse needs of the student and staff community.
- He/she will Support independent learning and encourage reader development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and managing collections of books and journals (both paper and electronic), as well as websites.
- Contributing to academic course development and liaising with academic departments.
- Creating, updating and managing information resources, both electronic and printed.
- Electing, acquiring and cataloguing information using library and information software.
- Assisting teachers with literature searches using databases, printed resources and the internet.
- Prepare book displays
- Dealing with user enquiries
- Keeping up to date with relevant professional developments in the library sector
- Looking after and updating electronic resources
- Keeping the library organized and tidy
- Maintaining library catalogues and making them easy to use
- Chasing and collecting books back and enforcing fines
- Ordering and displaying new stock
- Maintaining a quiet environment
- Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
- Liaising with departmental academic staff, external organisations and suppliers
- Assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches
- Promoting the library’s resources to users
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Vice Principal (Academic).
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- First Degree in Library and Information Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a related role
- Strong IT skills
- Familiarity with the use of databases and the internet
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to assess resources and meet library users’ needs
- Good presentation and verbal communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of library methods and procedures
- Ability to operate library machines properly
- Excellent customer service skills
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Knowledge of child policy regulation and its implementation.
Application Closing Date
18th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: The School is an equal opportunity organisation and is committed to safeguarding the welfare of young people and expects the same from its employees.
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0F