The Edo State Government invites applications from suitable candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director
- The Managing Director will be primarily responsible for planning and managing all daily operations of the news site and newspaper; approving assignments for writers and editors, and implementing best practices, workflows, tools, and templates to maximize efficiency.
- Must have at least a First Degree from a recognized university with at least 10 years post qualification experience and must have worked in a similar role.
- The ideal candidate should have exceptional ability in copywriting and editing and working knowledge of online platforms like WordPress and SEO concepts.
- The candidate should possess outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations, and excellent organizational skills.
- Candidates must possess proficiency in modern, digital journalism.
Job Title: Head, Legal Services
- The Head of Legal Services will be primarily responsible for all legal matters of the company.
- He or she is responsible for drafting and negotiating all legal contracts and verifies the drawing of contracts and other legal documents.
- He or she provides internal legal services and acts as the chief legal advisor to the company on all legal, statutory and constitutional requirements to ensure that the organization is protected from all legal action.
- The candidate performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
- A four-year LLB from a reputable university (an LL.M degree will be an added advantage)
- Member of a professional association.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years experience in a similar role, which must consist of advanced understanding of the company operations and commercial transactions preferably in a media organization.
He or she must possess:
- Ability to deal with complex problems and ability in applying judgment and independent reasoning in situations where applicable precedence and laws may not exist.
- Demonstrated drafting skills for corporate compliance and legal documentation.
- Advanced practical experience in negotiations and drafting documenting various types for company transactions.
- Advanced skills in research or investigations of facts and cases.
- Microsoft computer skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to management peers and employees.
Job Title: Head, Administration / Finance
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for preparation of accounting reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- He or she will advise the company on business strategies, structures and structuring commercial transactions as well as in the preparation of monthly billings, invoices, statement of account for the company, media partners and advertising agencies.
- He or she will be responsible for the management of cash expenses and handling of all bank related operations and ensure consistent reconciliation of accounts with partner stations, media partners and advertising agencies.
- Minimum of a B.Sc Degree in Finance / Accounting, Business Management or related degree, knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Possession of ICAN and/or any professional certificate is an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- He or she must be technology savvy with experience in the use of accounting and reporting software and possess a successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
Job Title: Head, Advert / Marketing
- The Head of Advert / Marketing coordinates advert / marketing officers to meet daily sales and advert target.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for building a solid sales pipeline and maintain long-term relationships with prospects; identify new business opportunities to generate revenues; close high volume advertising sales deals.
- He or she will also develop annual sales strategy and goals; leverage sales tools and resources to identify new sales leads and nurture prospect relationships and continuously increase knowledge of advertising in the newspaper industry to remain competitive.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing or any other related field
- Possession of Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON) certificate is an advantage.
- He or she must be technology savvy.
- The ideal candidate is expected to have a minimum 5 years experience in B2B sales role and demonstrated competence in closing high volume sales deals, especially relating to digital media.
- Experience in newspaper advertising is preferred.
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Recommended: New Job Openings at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0F