Federal College of Education (Technical) Gusau was established in 1989 and the academic activities commenced in May, 1990 with intake of 110 students spread in the school of Business Education and School of Industrial Education.
The Governing Council of the Federal College of Education Technical), Gusau, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Registrar (Female Only)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day performance of his duties.
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and head of the Registry Department.
- The Registrar is responsible for the day-today administration of the Registry
- Function as Secretary to the Governing Council.
- Function as Secretary to other statutory Committees.
- Responsible for keeping all records of the College.
- Issuing of Certificate of Service, Results and Transcript g. Interpreting extant rules.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
To be eligible for appointment as College Registrar, the candidate must possess the following requirements:
- A good honours Degree in any of the Social Sciences, Art Subjects from any recognized Institution of higher learning, in addition, candidate must possess relevant master’s Degree from any recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years cognate experience.
- Must have been a Deputy Registrar on CONTEDISS 15.
- Evidence of continuous mandatory professional development.
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Must have a membership of recognized professional body in the relevant field;
- Successful candidate must not be above the age of fifteen nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment
- The Registrar shall hold office for a period of five (5) years in the first instance, beginning from the effective date of assumption of duty and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment, and may be renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of five (5) years and no more.
- The Conditions of Service are as obtainable in the Federal Colleges of Education system. Candidate appointed will be entitled to all officially approved benefits attached to the Office of the College Registrar.
Job Title: Provost (Female Only)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
- Candidates for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations, positive managerial attributes and ability to attract funds to the College.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College, and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operations of the College.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the institution was established.
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost indude being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College;
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College;
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in-charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, infrastructures and academic matters and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly;
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with Financial Regulations, Treasury Circulars and Governing Councils decisions/directives under sound financial discipline and management;
- Responsible for ensuring that meetings of Council and its Committees are serviced
- A person to foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education (PME), National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCF) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.
- Candidates should possess a Doctorate Degree from a recognized University with a field relevant to at least one programme in the College.
- He/She should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education. The possession of professional Teaching qualification, a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), in addition to registration as a Professional Teacher with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) is Mandatory.
- Candidates should not be above fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching/research experience and in addition must have held a senior teaching/research and top administrative post in a College of Education system as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources,
- Candidate must show evidence of good track record in result oriented researches reaching high National and International status in their research achievements, as evident in scholarly publications.
- Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer with at least five (5) years cognate.
- Candidate must be of good conduct and character, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive and resourcefulness and be able to command. He/She must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests.
- Candidate must be proficient in Computer and its packages.
- Candidate should show evidence of Community Service both local and national development.
- Candidate must be a man/woman of vision, a goal getter, and one that can execute a strategic plan for the college.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance and maybe eligible for re appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
Salary / Remuneration
- The salary / remuneration are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria and may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Job Title: Librarian (Female Only)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer in the College who is responsible to the Provost for the overall administration and coordination of the College Library, its branches in the Schools and Departments, as well as in providing services for the entire College community
- Forming overall library policies, personal contacts and liaison with the departments.
- Preparation of library Budgets.
- Engaging in matters of common interest.
- Responsible to the Provost for the day to day smooth running of the College Library
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates for the post of College Librarian should not be below the rank of Principal Librarian or equivalent in academic library and must possess the following requirements:
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLS) with at least eighteen(18) years cognate experience.
- Relevant scholarly publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Membership of Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria.
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous mandatory professional development course / council annual workshops.
- Candidates must have spent at least 5 years as Principal Librarian or its equivalent in academic library.
- Candidates should not be less than 59 years of age at the time of application.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment of the candidate is for a period of five (5) years in the first instance, and may be eligible for reappointment for a second term of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
- Candidates will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions for staff of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in soft copy “read only” compact disks, two (2 nos) using MS Word Package and Fifiteen (15) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status and Number of Children indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin.
- Telephone Numbers and e-mail Address.
- Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates.
- Academic Honour and Membership of Professional Bodies.
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence.
- Present Employer, Status and Salary.
- Evidence of Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of Registrar” on the top left-hand comer and addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Federal College of Education (Technical),
P.M. B. 1088, Gusau,
- Candidates are required to ask their three (3) referees to forward Confidential Reports on them to the below address before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link:https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b
Career opportunities at Federal College of Education (Technical), Gusau
sharing is caring