Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2022-23: The UK Government through the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) is welcoming applications from eligible individuals for the fully-funded Commonwealth Masters Scholarships to study in the United Kingdom.
The scholarship allows students from low and middle-income countries of commonwealth affiliation to enroll for a full-time Master’s taught program in the UK on full sponsorship. Students are usually picked through nominating bodies and are advised to follow instructions to apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
Scholarships to be taken at: Universities in the UK.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Masters Study Programs
Scholarship Worth: Please see scholarship value and benefits within
Nationality: Commonwealth countries
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2022/2023 | DETAILS
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
There are eligibility conditions applicants must meet to apply for the Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2022/23 for Low-Income Country Students to Study in the UK; To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2022
- By September 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to justify why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
- Candidates will need to present proof of English Language ability.
- Country/Candidate Eligibility: Applicants should be from any of these commonwealth countries; Antigua and Barbuda; Bangladesh; Belize; Botswana; Cameroon; Dominica; Eswatini; Fiji; Ghana; Grenada; Guyana; India; Jamaica; Kenya; Kiribati; Lesotho; Malawi; Malaysia; Mauritius; Montserrat; Mozambique; Namibia; Nauru; Nigeria; Pakistan; Papua New Guinea; Rwanda; Samoa; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; South Africa; Sri Lanka; St Helena; St Lucia; St Vincent and the Grenadines; Tanzania; The Gambia; Tonga; Tuvalu; Uganda; Vanuatu and Zambia.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
Each scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed)
- Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate o £1,133 per month, or £1,390 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2020-2022 levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £485 per month for the first child, and £120 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK (rates quoted at 2020-2022 levels).
Note that candidates will be selected through nominating bodies and applications will be generally be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
Interested and eligible applicants for the Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2022/23 must apply to one of the following nominating bodies in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
- National nominating agencies– this is the main route of application
- Selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies
All applications must be made through one of these nominating bodies. Each nominating body is responsible for its selection process and may have additional eligibility criteria. You must check with your nominating body for their specific advice and rules for applying, their eligibility criteria, and their closing date for applications.
You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your nominating body. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
Please note that the CSC does not charge candidates to apply for any of its scholarships or fellowships through its online application system, and it does not charge organizations to nominate candidates.
Applications must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 1 November 2021. References must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 22 November 2021. The nomination deadline is 22 December 2021.
For more information: Visit the Official Website for Further details
Pinnacle Report Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That Gives Information Concerning Politics, Jobs, Scholarships, Sports, Relationships, Crime, Health, Entertainment And Lots More.
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/JYKJQRoEtQoLVl48IvNJVs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
Scholarships 2022/23 for Low Income Country Students to Study in UK.