Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical & Risk Safety Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- This position will be responsible for leading the FMN Operational Risk Management Framework, implementing and / or administering safety programs during the life of engineering / construction projects.
- Day to day, the Technical & Risk Safety manager will be involved in making sure safety design requirements and operability of engineering plant and equipment, machinery and construction projects are met.
- Liaise with the insurance team and interact with insurance risk auditors from the underwriters, making sure identified risks are closed timely
- Produce & grant approval for the Safety & Loss Prevention Audits & Follow-up process
- Produce a comprehensive Safety & Loss Prevention tool to be used across the Group
- Train / familiarize the ORM team members on both of the above
- Schedule and execute the annual Safety Risk Audits
- Conduct operational risk audits and make sure that actions to mitigate risks are properly closed out
- Produce the material required for, train the ORM Team members on, and create/execute, the Business Continuity Plans of each BU / plant
- Start the monthly reporting process
- Conducts compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory environmental, safety, and health standards of the company and all applicable codes are followed
- Verifies and ensures that all field project activities are performed according to the Company safety policy, regulations, standards and procedures, promoting all preventive and corrective actions as required
- Reviews projects safety management plans, method statements, construction drawings and risk assessments
- Reviews plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment
- Guides engineers in how to incorporate safety requirements into the engineering project designs
- Oversees safety issues during project development
- Prepares and reviews technical reports, correspondence, and safety procedures
- Promotes and encourages sustained implementation and continuous improvement of best safety practice, culture and performance
- Checks that contractors perform their activities in accordance with all the safety applicable procedures, regulation and standards and contractual Safety requirements. Promoting all necessary action to ensure that the said procedures and regulations are observed
- Organize, plan and participate in periodic safety walkthrough, assessments, inspections and audits on site, prepare all the relevant reports, action plans, verify the follow up and the timely execution of the corrective action
- Organize and participate in all relevant project sites safety meetings, prepares the relevant minutes of meetings (MOM), Lead weekly Safety meetings with contractors
- Organize in case of work incidents/accidents a full investigation of the event, finalized to the identification and execution of corrective measures to avoid reoccurrence
- Prepare and update the Technical / projects safety statistics, verify the performance versus the project and corporate safety objective, targets and performance indicators; propose recovery plan in case of mismatch.
- Prepare Safety training materials; procedures & processes for construction and Engineering Operations
- Participate in HAZOP, HAZID studies and JSA risk assessments to mitigate Safety risks
- Prepare safety documentations (Plans, procedures, risk assessments etc.) regarding Engineering and Construction Operations.
- Control approve and audit of safety documentations of all contractors and their subcontractors.
- Organize and execute general Safety auditing system for all contractors and their subcontractors
- Prepare audit reports and record open item to an action item list for tracking.
- Prepare Contractor evaluation reports and advise procurement/ business units
- Prepare Safety checklists for Project sites & Engineering inspections.
- Prepare training matrix, procedure and materials for all engineering employees
- Prepare monthly & weekly reports including KPIs for Contractors
- Prepare Safety incentive system for the Project including subcontractors
- Ensure fire protection systems are designed in accordance with acceptable international fire codes and maintained accordingly
- Liaise with Insurance to review gaps in safety standard and close gaps to reduce premiums
- Develop and implement robust Permit to work program and LOTO system to manage the execution of routine and non-routine hazardous tasks
- Design and implement safe systems for fall arrest/protection during work at height and loading of goods on trucks
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. or HND in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or other related fields
- 8 years’ cognate experience
- Must have Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to pay attention to details
- Project Management skills and good Technical understanding
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work in high-stress environments
- Member ISPON (Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria); Recognized Health & Safety qualification (OHSAS 18001 and NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health)
- Membership of any of the following bodies would also be an advantage; Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)/ National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)/ International Institute of Risk & Safety Management. (IIRSM)
- COREN Membership
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Operations Manager, Premium Cassava Products Limited
- To successfully manage operational functions of the Business Unit.
- To drive and direct efficient execution of operations at PCPL for the achievement of business goals.
- Plan, organize, direct and optimize Flour and Garri plants operations
- Implement strategies in alignment with business initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus for the plant
- Responsible for production output, product quality
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Develop systems and processes that track, optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure an effective return on assets.
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain team for day-to-day requirements of cassava Roots.
- Maintain a trusting relationship with the team, support recruitment, manage and develop plant staff
- Deliver and plan targets and improve business performance through enhanced productivity, operational efficiencies and commitment to quality, health and safety
- Implement and maintain GAP, HAACP and food safety management for all Operations to ISO Certification standards
- Coordinate with the maintenance team to identify critical spare parts for operational requirements.
- Coordinate with maintenance to set preventive maintenance plans and implementation.
- Build a high-performing team and develop people through training, coach-mentoring and engagement
- B.Sc / HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- M.Sc. Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or MBA (Added Advantage).
- 5 years of cognate experience.
- Possess effective communication and reporting skills
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Possess strong leadership capabilities.
Job Title: Dispatch Rider
- To deliver company mails and correspondences to other organizations leading to an improved communication system within the organization.
- Ensure the coordination of mails and correspondence to other organizations effectively and efficiently
- Responsible for updating the Drivers’ Logbook on a daily basis with the required information
- Must ensure that assigned motorcycle documents/ particulars are updated and valid
- Must ensure that the motorcycle is cleaned routinely or when the need arises
- Responsible for internal and external mails distribution when necessary
- Will be tasked on any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- A minimum of Secondary School Leaving Certificate (5 ‘O’ level credits including Mathematics and English in not more than 2 sitting)
- Have Proven experience as a dispatch rider or relevant position.
- 2 years cognate experience
The Person Must:
- Be able to ride motorcycles professionally
- Be hardworking, diligent, and possess positive energy
- Must be physically fit
- Should be reliable and punctual
- Must have a mature working attitude
- Be polite and presentable
- Must have excellent road navigation knowledge
- Must observe all HSE driving related policies to ensure the consistent safety of documents and motorcycle.
Job Title: Product Development Officer
- To assist Product Development Department and R&D Department to develop the new projects and help with the rest of team to prepare all our projects for market launch
- To develop R&D objectives in group’s BU for cost effective recipes, formulations, RM substitution, variants, process changes and standards, quality specification etc. in consonance with the Business Units plan
- Complete development, optimization and cost reduction projects for specified customers, proactively and/or in response to briefs to achieve sales growth
- To ensure an activity plan along with timelines, resources, equipment’s and space needed to execute the R&D deliverables.
- To carry out NPD initiatives, lead trials on the shop floor or open market along with production teams, and coordinate with marketing or project management team for market testing of new product prototypes and feedback thereof
- Once the product concept and formulation are finalized, coordinate with manufacturing for productionizing and firming up process methodology and SOP’s
- Creating & maintaining the formulas, process to manufacture, Raw material and finish product specification and other R&D related documents
- Conducting and proper documenting the chemical & physical analysis – Target and new products
- Meeting Internal/External Customer sample requirements
- Organize and Participate in internal Sensory taste panel sessions
- Identify innovative ideas to deliver solutions and services
- Build, grow and communicate the knowledge base of competitors (direct and indirect) with the help of the business development and sales teams
- Research global trends and activities within all operations, equipment and ingredients and share the info with the relevant teams
- 5 ‘O’ level credits including Mathematics and English in not more than 2 sitting
- Bachelor’s Degree B.Sc in Food Science or any related field.
- Experience in R&D and product development.
- Must be able to speak Hausa.
5 years cognate experience.
The Person Must:
- Be self-motivated
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have leadership qualities
- Be a “people-person”
- Be very detailed and research-oriented
- Be able to multi-task
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: FMN is an equal employment opportunity company and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to our company or any agency.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Scholarships you may like to Apply:
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
Current Recruitment at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc