Are you a graduate seeking for a job? Have you been job hunting for so long? Or have you been dreaming of being employed in the YOPCODI? If your answer is in the affirmative to any of those questions above, then this golden opportunity is for you. We know you won’t let it slip you by. See Full Details on YOPCODI Job Recruitment
Education Officer Job at Yobe Peace and Community Development Initiative
Yobe Peace and Community Development Initiative (YOPCODI) is a registered National civil society organization (CSO) working to expand equitable access to quality basic services for vulnerable communities especially by women, children, adolescents and youth in Northeast Nigeria. Our Head Office is located in Damaturu- Yobe state. Our work engaging government and community stakeholders for improved service delivery in humanitarian and development sectors with specific attention to access to healthcare, education, protection livelihoods as well as peace and conflict resolution in a manner that ensures accountability by both demand and supply side actors. We deliver people-centered programs and service through partnerships and collaborations with communities, governments, as well as international humanitarian and development agencies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- YOPCODI is a Nigerian Non-Governmental Organization (NNGO) that envision a society where communities have equitable access to social and economic services.
- YOPCODI works for the sustenance of peace and development in volatile and resettled communities affected by insurgency, with focus on responding to the immediate, short and long-term needs of affected children and women in Northeast Nigeria.
- The Education Officer will take responsibility for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of education programme to improve children’s learning outcomes through both formal and non-formal education activities.
- Provide technical support in the areas of education in emergencies to teachers, volunteers and community members engaged in the project.
- Closely collaborate with the concerned stakeholders to ensure that programme goals are achieved and sustained.
- Actively participate in education-related activities and meetings, and seek active collaboration with other players working in the education sector.
- Adhere to the work plan and ensure the activities are fully implemented as per the standards.
- Ensure close supervision and support to field based education activities.
- Identify and communicate project gaps, challenges and vulnerabilities to the line manager on a timely basis and suggest possible solutions to the problems.
- Promote inclusion and equal access to education for every child, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and at-risk children.
- Ensure adherence to project standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Report serious cases of abuse to the Child Safeguarding focal point, Line Manager or Project Coordinator. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and final report based on the project targets and results.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Education Degree: University Degree in Social Work, Education, Social Studies, Human Rights, or any other related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of Education / Child Protection / SGBV / Social Work / Case Management.
- Good analytical and writing skills.
- Good knowledge of MS office software.
- The ability to work with people of all ages and from a range of backgrounds
- Language skills: Fluent in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
Application Closing Date
Tuesday; 6th December, 2022.