Edgewood Consulting is a management consulting and talent development firm in Nigeria to provide cutting – edge and value – added advisory, performance improvement, learning improvement, human resources management, restructuring turnaround management and market development research services. We provide a unique range of specialized and specific consultancy services to corporate organizations as well as individuals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Marketing and Business Development – Microfinance
Location: Okitipupa, Ondo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head of Marketing / Business Development is responsible for supervision of all Business Development initiatives.
- Provide effective leadership guidance in business development strategy.
- Provide guidance, leadership support and direction to the Marketing team.
- Achieve set department objectives and overall profitability target of the bank
- Implement and execute regular sales activities to generate sustainable business
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with key customers in relevant market segments.
- Lead the Bank’s deposit mobilization efforts and creation of quality risks
- Manage the end-to-end lifecycle of loans and deposits portfolios; from initiation, processing, monitoring and repayment.
- Conduct a thorough credit analysis to ascertain customer’s payment capacity and willingness; evaluate the credit risk before recommending any credit.
- Reduce liquidity risk by aggressively increasing the deposit portfolio
- Ensure each loan disbursed are in compliance with the approved credit policies and lending methodology.
- Provide regular reports on marketing activities and other reports as required.
- Monitor approved loans and continuously support and advise clients on good management practices
- Recovery of any delinquent loans
Qualification / Experience
- A minimum of First Degree or its equivalent in a Business-related discipline additional qualification or degree in any finance or business-related discipline may be an advantage.
- A minimum of four 4 years post-qualification experience out of which, at least three 3 must have been in the financial services industry.
- CIBN MCP accreditation will be an advantage.
- Evidence that the candidate possesses proven skills and competencies in practical.
- Financial services or technology company experience will be beneficial.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the Financial services sector and the current trends
- Knowledge of online and offline marketing strategies and tools.
- Knowledge of relationship building and customer management
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of low-income market
- Comprehensive knowledge of consumer lending, payroll lending and public sector credit products.
- Sound knowledge of Micro, small and medium enterprise market and lending methodology especially around POS products.
- Developing and managing a highly efficient marketing team
- Strong marketing and business development skills
- Sound interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good oral, written and presentation skills
- Leadership, Supervision and Coaching skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Goal-oriented, needs to be focused and achieve targets
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ethical, high level of integrity
- Good communication and listening skills and team player
- Professional, responsible and accountable
- Quality and customer-focused, open to ideas and change
- Commitment to the Company’s vision and values.
Job Title: Accountant (Microfinance Bank)
Location: Okitipupa, Ondo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Preparing accounts and tax returns
- Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- Auditing financial information
- Compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
- Providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- Financial forecasting and risk analysis
- Dealing with insolvency cases
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 3 – 7 years work experience.
- Successful candidates must be ready to work in Okitipupa and its Environs, Nigeria.
Job Title: Head of Operations
Location: Okitipupa, Ondo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervise and coordinate branch operations on daily basis
- Maintain a highly motivated, skilled and well-trained workforce in banking operations
- Ensure that all activities and processes undertaken by operations Unit are in conformity with set standards pertaining to banking policies
- Safeguard customers’ data and protect against fraud.
- Establish and review key operational risk indicators/key control standards and formulate action plans to minimize the Bank’s exposure to fraud and losses.
- Manage the Bank’s operational risk exposure by supporting the Business to identify areas of operational risk exposure and by developing and implementing corrective action.
- Design, develop and keep updated the Banks’ Operations Manual and ensure compliance to all operational guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for re-engineering business processes to improve customer service, cost-effectiveness and controls.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements relating to Banking Operations.
- Ensure that effective documentation is in place, in the form of user guides and implement operational improvements to reduce operational costs, tighten controls to improve service quality and customer service.
- Manage the Banking Operations Department (staff and budget).
- Central Operations – Account Services, Clearings, Payments, Cash Management and Reconciliation
- Card Operations – Account Services, Chargeback & Fraud & Reconciliation of the Bank’s debit card activities
- Credit Operations – Loan sanction fulfilment, & administration distribution (Retail, Business, Commercial and Corporate and Institutional segments) whilst ensuring the identification and management of underlying operational risks.
Applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of BSc / HND from a recognized institution in any discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Banking/Microfinance institution will be an added advantage
- MCP Certification in microfinance banking will be an added advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of Banking procedures and policy principles at all levels
- Thorough knowledge of Cash Management, Account Services, Clearing and Payment functions
- Extensive knowledge of Treasury Operations and Trade Finance
- Understanding and application of Best Practice in all areas of Operational Banking with ability to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Analytical and practical understanding of workflow, capacity planning / optimisation and process implementation
- Ability to recognise problems and apply Risk Management techniques to address them.
Job Title: Shop Floor Assistant – Supermarket
Location: Arepo, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Shop Floor Assistant will be responsible for handling various sales activities in a retail store, including facilitating purchases and providing customer service. The specific duties and responsibilities of the Shop Floor Attendant will include the following:
- Greeting customers when they walk through the door
- Building rapport through conversation and honest recommendations
- Arranging for delivery or pick-up of the customer’s order if needed
- Stocktaking and replenishment request
- Assisting in maintaining the back stock room and setting up merchandise displays on the sales floor
- Keeping the sales floor area clean and organized at all times
- Greet customers as they enter the shop and help the find the product they need
- Assist customers by providing product recommendations
- Answering questions on products
- Expanding sales revenue by cross-marketing other products
- Serving customers and processing sales transactions
- Restock shelves·
- Resolve customer complaints·
- Ensure that the sales floor is clean and well-maintained
- Applicants should have an OND
- 0 – 3 years work experience.
- Previous Customer Service experience preferred
- Ability to work well in a team
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English Language)
- Good teamwork.
- Applicants must live in Arepo, Magboro or its environs.
- Flexibility to do different tasks.
- Ability to be friendly and polite even when tired, or under pressure
- Confidence in giving advice and information
- Applicants must live around Arepo, Magboro and its environs
- Applications should be titled.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications to: email@example.com using “Head of Marketing / Business Development, Microfinance Bank”as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Scholarships you may like to Apply:
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
Employment Opportunities at Edgewood Consulting Limited