Excellent Minds Social and Youth Empowerment Initiative is a registered non-profit and youth-led initiative in Nigeria that addresses barriers to developmental equity and empowers young people as catalysts for sustainable development. We are committed to engaging with thousands of youths to drive social progress and inspire innovative solutions to global challenges.
Our team is truly young and multidisciplinary with expertise in health, education, digital technology, economic development, amongst others. We work with relevant partners to provide young people a seat at the table, as we build a world based on inclusive, fair, and sustainable development for all. Our partnership involves continuous engagement with young people, diverse communities, and stakeholders. This uniquely positions us to drive sustainable innovation and change. Our values of Responsibility, Excellence, Altruism, and Positive Influence (REAP) define who we are, and our vision is to raise exemplary role models.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Undergraduate Students Essay Competition 2022
Employment Type: Volunteer
Excellent Minds Essay Competition 2022
- The Excellent Minds Essay Competition is a brainchild of the Excellent Minds Social and Youth Empowerment Initiative. It is an annual essay competition for undergraduate students in tertiary institutions. The competition is aimed at promoting critical thinking, harnessing ideas, and developing the talents, abilities, gifts, and skills inherent in the African youth.
- Over the years, the Excellent Minds Essay Competition has been conducted across Nigerian Universities. Since its official launch, it has inspired innovative and high-impact student projects and ideas aimed at solving Nigeria’s most pressing problems.
- This year and on-wards, the competition is expanding to tertiary institutions across West Africa, focusing on developmental issues associated with the region. The competition theme for this year’s edition is Partnership for Sustainable Development in West Africa.
- The timeline for the competition is five months, from 5th March, 2022 through 29th July, 2022.
- All stages, save the grand finale, will be held virtually. The grand finale will be held in a physical location in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The Competition is open to students in all disciplines across tertiary institutions in West Africa.
- Collaboration has become a necessary tool for the growth and advancement of the West African region. With the establishment of ECOWAS, the African Union, the African Development Bank, Africa Export-Import Bank, and more importantly, the emergence of the African Continental Free Trade Area Agreement, the region is set to experience significant development through the trade sector.
- As much as these institutions and their initiatives support and promise development, it is unfortunate that most of the anticipated development is still largely theoretical. Also, West African nations have a duty to their region, which should not negatively affect their commitment to other African regions. Please suggest practical and feasible collaborative steps that West African countries can take to stimulate growth and economic development in the region.
- In not more than 1000 words, identify and describe some of the major challenges facing West Africa, and propose collaborative solutions for West African countries. These solutions should not negatively affect their commitments to other African nations.
- Use 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, 1.5-line spacing, and include page numbers.
- The word count does not include your cover page and references.
- All entries must be in English.
- First Prize: Apple iPad and a Plaque
- Second Prize: Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite and a Plaque
- Third Prize: Kindle 6” Wi-Fi eBook Reader [10th Gen] and a Plaque
The top 5 essays will also be published on our website for unrestricted access by the online community.
- 5th May, 2022: Submission deadline
- 30th May, 2022: Shortlisted semi-finalists notified
- 6th June, 2022 – 17th June, 2022: Phone interviews
- 30th June, 2022: Shortlisted finalists notified
- 29th July, 2022: 3-minute essay finals (3MEF) and Award Ceremony.
Application Closing Date
11:59 PM, West African Time (WAT): 5th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0Fg
Excellent Minds Social and Youth Empowerment Initiative 2022 Undergraduate Students Essay Competition
sharing is caring