The United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) will be awarding a number of scholarships for study in Japan to 2022 student intake. The award of the scholarships listed is based on application selection results. Only applicants that are accepted for enrolment in the UNU- masters and doctoral degree programmes can be considered as candidates for the scholarships.
UNU-IAS offers master’s and doctoral degree programmes focused on sustainability. The programmes aim to produce the policymakers and researchers of tomorrow, who will be at the forefront of global efforts towards a more sustainable future.
United Nations University-IAS Scholarships | ELIGIBLITY
- Applicants must be persons from developing countries (included in the latest OECD DAC list) who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Applicants who are currently living in Japan under a working visa are NOT eligible for the scholarship
- Applicants who want to pursue a second master’s degree at UNU-IAS are not eligible for the scholarship
- Applicants who want to pursue a second PhD degree at UNU-IAS are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Additional eligibility conditions for different scholarships available at the official website.
- The JFUNU scholarship: provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY* for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months. However, travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student. The tuition fees are fully waived for the scholarship recipients.
*The amount of monthly allowance is 120,000 JPY (2021 rate).
- The UNU Rector’s scholarship: provides a monthly allowance of 130,000 JPY (subject to change) for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Travel costs to and from Japan, will be covered by the scholarship. The tuition fees are covered by the donor for the scholarship recipients.
- The Resona Bank scholarship: provides a monthly allowance of 130,000 JPY (subject to change) for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Travel costs to and from Japan, will be covered by the scholarship (up to JPY 260,000). The tuition fees are covered by the donor for the scholarship recipients.
- Asian Development Bank–Japan Scholarship Program: Provides full tuition, subsistence allowance including housing allowance, medical and accident insurance, books, and instrumental allowance will be covered by the scholarship. The monthly subsistence allowance including housing allowance for one person for the academic year 2021 is JPY 147,000 (subject to change for the academic year 2022). An economy class airfare will also be provided for the most direct route between the scholar’s home country and Tokyo Narita International Airport.
There is no separate application form for the United Nations University-IAS Scholarships as it is a part of the online application for admission into the MSc or PhD programme. Interested applicants must provide necessary information and documents for the scholarship together with the required documents for admission to the degree programme they are applying for. See 2022 Application Guide
Application Deadline: 21 February 2022
For more information: Visit the Official Website for Further Details
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of Scholarship to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
Fully Funded 2022/2023 Scholarships at United Nations University-IAS in Japan
Sharing Is Caring