Google is now accepting applications for the Google AI for Social Good Workshop. This is a collaborative NGO + academic Workshop aimed at bringing together NGOs working on tough problems in their communities with academic experts and Google researchers to foster new collaborative solutions.
The themes of the workshop are:
- Sustainability & Climate
- Economic opportunity
Project proposals that address either of the two above themes and aim to advance racial equity and justice are particularly of interest. We invite proposals from NGOs and Academics.
Google will help match NGOs and Academics based on problem statements and relevant AI expertise. However, if you already have an ongoing collaboration (NGO and Academic), you can indicate the partnership in the application and we will consider that in the matchmaking stage when finalizing invitations to the workshop.
Selected organizations and academic partners will be invited to a virtual workshop to jointly explore the development of AI for Social Good proposals.
Following the workshop, there will be an additional opportunity to submit joint academic-NGO proposals. A team of experts at Google will carefully review each proposal. Selected proposals will be eligible for additional funding and support from Google to help bring their ideas to life, which may include:
- The opportunity to consult and collaborate with Google researchers, engineers, program and product managers, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) researchers, and more
- Access to Google Cloud credits to support computing needs
- NGOs from the selected research proposals may be awarded $75,000 USD in funding from Google.org to support the project detailed in the research proposals.
- Academics from the selected research proposals will be named “Impact Scholars” and recognized for their efforts in leading AI projects that have real-world impact. Impact Scholars will receive an unrestricted award of $30,000 USD.
- Funded projects are expected to be scoped for a year. At the end of the year, projects that conduct innovative research and validate the initial hypothesis through pilot tests may be considered for additional funding and support.
Google’s AI for Social Good Program Eligibility
- NGOs: They are requesting NGO applications that detail the problems you are facing and how AI might help unlock significant potential for impact. They encourage applications of AI that significantly impact an organization’s existing workflows or lead to the creation of new, innovative approaches.
- They invite applications from NGOs working in Sustainability/Climate and Economic Opportunity in North, Central, and South America.
- Academics: They are requesting applications from Academics that showcase interests in novel AI technologies for social good or in conducting research that evaluates a known AI technique in a novel field of application for social good.
- They will prioritize academics with AI expertise or interest in Sustainability/Climate and Economic Opportunity.
- Interested academic partners may indicate in their application how their expertise in these areas may apply to the proposed application areas.
- They invite applications from Academics working in AI and related fields from universities in North, Central, and South America.
Application For Google’s AI for Social Good Program
Interested applicant should kindly: Click here to apply.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0Fg