GUS Consulting Limited is one of the top Human Capital Development service providers in Nigeria. Our services cut across all sectors and industries. Over the years, we have proven to be one of the best hands in the industry. For us, good is not good enough! We aim to be the best at what we do – providing clients with complete and bespoke solutions, built on a sound understanding of the clients’ business needs. We have over 8 years extensive experience providing top notch HR services to companies in the oil and gas, maritime and Energy industries in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Corporate Services
Reports to: The Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- To provide strategic, operational and supervisory oversight to the Corporate Services Department that comprises of HR, Admin and Corporate communications units as well as IT and Legal consultants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise the human resources, admin and corporate communications units and the activities of the respective officers
- Manage and provide oversight to external consultants handling the IT and legal services functions
- Develop and implement the annual budgets of the various teams / units under management
- Establish a brand strategy and then determine how to incorporate this strategy in the company’s communications.
- Create communication and marketing strategies for new products, launches, events, and promotions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members to manage HR operations deliverables and flow of day-to-day operations.
- Determine the staffing needs across the organization each financial year.
- Source, screen and select candidates.
- Supervise staff verification and confirmation.
- Supervise staff appraisals and promotion.
- Demonstrate high proficiency in processes and standard operating procedures with ability to resolve complex queries.
- Accountable for change management activities within the organization for the seamless execution of new initiatives while keeping all stakeholders in HR informed of changes prior to implementation.
- Handle escalations from employees, HRs, and other stakeholders.
- Articulate a HR strategy that is aligned to the corporate strategy and aimed at supporting the organization in achieving its strategic objectives.
- Ensure the continuous alignment of the Bank’s Organizational Structure to its overall strategy/ objectives.
- Evaluate jobs within the organization to ensure equitable job grading, while ascribing appropriate responsibility, worth and reward to all jobs within the company.
- Identify and collate staff training needs, coordinate training sessions, and plan the company’s training activities for the year.
- Develop clearly defined career and succession plans for the company.
- Review and update of the company Compensation Framework (in line with industry/operating realities).
- Any other assignment as directed by the COO or CEO
Key Performance Indices
The following KPIs shall be used to monitor the performance of the HOD:
- Percentage of HR, admin and corporate communications’ initiatives implemented.
- Percentage variance of budget to actual the various units and entire department.
- Staff Turnover rate
- Number of unidentified training needs
- Participants’ feedback on training programs
- Productivity/performance index of the 3 units with department
- Level of under/over manning per Unit
- Percentage of HR implemented initiatives.
- Employee satisfaction index
- Minimum educational standard: HND / BSc in Human Resources Management, Accounting or a relevant field from a reputable higher institution. A Masters’ Degree in HR will be an added advantage
- Additional professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum Working Experience: 10 Years’ related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Supervisory and team management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse staff.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and resolving issues prior to escalation with strong issues management skills.
- Good knowledge an understanding of labour law and relevant HR legislation, policies and procedures
- Result oriented with the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to delegate, mentor and coach
- Excellent knowledge of various HR functions and skills
- Performance management and training
- Recruitment and staff welfare
- Team building skills and problem-solving skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Negotiation skills
- Interviewing skills
- Time management skills
- Excellent and efficient use of MS Office Suite (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to maintain standards of conduct
- Possesses cultural and political awareness and sensitivity
- Good sound work ethics.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0Fg