HESFB Student Loan: The Higher Education Students Financing Board (HESFB) was established by the Higher Education Students Financing Act, No. 2 of 2014 as a body corporate to provide Loans and Scholarships to students intending to pursue Higher Education in Uganda.
Under the Student Loan Scheme, HESFB awards study loans to Ugandan students seeking to pursue Higher Education but are financially constrained.
The objectives of the Students’ Financing Scheme are: – (1) to increase equitable access to Higher Education in Uganda; (2) to support highly qualified students who may not afford Higher Education; (3) to ensure regional balance in Higher Education services in Uganda;(4) to create a revolving fund.
The Call For Students ’ Loan Applications For Academic Year 2022/23
The Board therefore invites applications for study loans under the Students’ Loan Scheme from eligible Ugandan students who have been admitted under the listed Undergraduate Diploma and Degree programmes for the Academic Year 2022/23 in the Public Universities, Private Chartered Universities and the listed Other Tertiary Institutions.
Students ’ Loan Coverage
- The Students’ Loan shall cover tuition fees and functional fees. The loan shall also
cover Aids and Appliances for persons with disabilities, while research funds may be
covered as and when budget allows.
- Student loans shall strictly be awarded to students joining Higher Education
Institutions in First Year or students in their Final Year of study.
How To Apply
- The Loan Application process is solely online and is available through our website https://www.hesfb.go.ug.
- Applicant who may encounter challenges in the application process can seek help by calling 0392174999 or 0414255300
- Applicants shall be required to pay a non-refundable Loan Processing Fee of UGX 53,000 to the HESFB LOAN APPLICATION FEE, Account No. 3740300006 Centenary Bank or 01363669053643 DFCU Bank. The Payment Receipts shall be scanned and attached during the Loan Application process
- Deadline for Applications is Thursday, 15th September, 2022
Approved Programmes For Support In The Academic Year 2022/23
The Board will support applicants to pursue accredited undergraduate degree and diploma
programmes under the listed 15 key academic disciplines;
- Laboratory Science Programmes
- Human Medicine
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Animal Sciences
- Petroleum and GeoScience Engineering
- Science Education
- Special Needs Education
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Health Care Management Sciences
- Conservation Sciences
- Pure Sciences
- Tourism and Hospitality Programmes
Please Note:– Persons with Disabilities can apply to pursue any accredited Programme of their choice from any of the listed Higher Learning Institutions
- Applicants are strongly warned against falsifying information or presenting forged documents to support their application process. This attracts dire consequences.
- An applicant MUST NOT be a beneficiary of any other Scholarship or Funding Opportunity
- The Loan Processing Fee is strictly paid in the Bank on the provided account numbers or on the online platform
- Names of the successful applicants will be published in the Print media, HESFB website, and personal communication via SMS
- The Board retains the right to evaluate all loan applications and determine the number of beneficiaries.
- Be aware of FRAUDSTERS! No payment should be made to any individual for purposes of securing the student loan
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Recommended: New Job Openings at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWu