Applications are now open for the three-year fully funded career development program. IMF is looking for young economists who want to have influence on the global stage and who can bring the latest in economic thought and multidisciplinary approaches to help us address key global economic challenges
Joining the IMF as part of our Economist Program (EP), will jump-start your career by giving you hands-on exposure to a cross-section of IMF work and an opportunity to apply your research and analytical skills directly to essential policy work which impacts the organizations’s 190 member countries.
International Money Fund Economist Program | What to Expect
- The EP offers you a well-rounded experience of the IMF’s work and provides a unique foundation for a thought-provoking and fulfilling career as an economist.
- During the three-year program, you will rotate through two departmental assignments, joining economic teams working in regional and country-specific surveillance as well as in fiscal, monetary, balance of payments, debt, or related issues.
- This is not a trainee position and from the start you will be given real work and real responsibilities as an IMF economist.
Applicants will need to be:
- A recent PhD graduate or be within one year of completing your PhD in a relevant field of study
- A national of one of the IMF member countries
- Under age 34 when you join the IMF EP program
It is not mandatory to have knowledge of Macroeconomics, the IMF is looking for adaptable applicants who demonstrate the potential to learn new fields as well as bring a variety of skills to our work. While you will be expected to have a grounding in macroeconomics and a good understanding of our work, EPs come to the IMF from a wide range of economic-related fields including finance, labor economics, development economics, gender and more.
- During the three-year program, all EPs are expected to have participated in at least one mission to a country. Depending on your assignments and interests, you may participate in multiple country visits.
- As an EP, you will receive additional training and support along with oversight from a dedicated central team managing the program and senior economists in each EP department. You will also join with a cohort of other EPs.
- The EP is designed to provide you with an accelerated start to your career, beginning with a broad foundation of the IMF’s work, and taking advantage of the information available from a strong network of other EPs. Most EP graduates have chosen to stay at the IMF after graduation and many have progressed to senior roles in the organization.
- Those who have left, have gone on to a wide variety of prominent roles in central banks, governments, academia, and the financial sector.
- The application process for the IMF Economist Program opens annually in late September, with a notice on the IMF Career Site. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed between October and January, with offers made in early February. The selection process consists of multiple stages, which may run in parallel to one another.
Application Deadline: January Annually
For more information: Visit the Official Website for Further Details
- Apply only if you have the desire qualification
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted
Scholarships you may also like to Apply:
- Postdoctoral Fellowship on Food Security and the Environment at Stanford University
- Apply for 2022 ANU Tuition Fee MPhil Scholarship for International Students.
- How to Apply for DAAD In-Country/In-Region Programme Sub-Saharan Africa (Masters and PhD Studies) 2022 Scholarship.
- University of Toronto Fung Yiu King Memorial Scholarship Apply for University of Copenhagen PhD Positions 2021-2022 [Paid Positions]
- Apply for Eric Bleumink Fund Masters Scholarship 2021/22 at the University of Groningen
- How to Apply for 2022 DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarships for Foreign Students and Graduates
- William Georgetti Scholarship 2021/2022 for Postgraduate Studies in New Zealand
- Developing Solutions Masters 2022/2023 Scholarships at University of Nottingham
- How to Apply for NITDA |Bridge To MassChallenge Nigeria 2021
- How to Apply for Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023 for Postgraduate Students
- Graduate Entrance Awards at the University of Calgary, Canada 2021
- IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program for Early Career Researchers
Note: Pinnacle Report Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That Gives Information Concerning Politics, Jobs, Scholarships, Sports, Relationships, Crime, Health, Entertainment And Lots More.
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link