Nigeria Media Innovation Program (NAMIP) is a 3-year initiative working to increase capacity, generate sustainable and diverse revenue streams, and build audiences of independent media in Nigeria, particularly those reaching underserved communities. Launched in February 2022, it seeks to support the editorial independence of media organisations by strengthening their financial sustainability.
The program design incorporates learnings from MDIF’s successful South Africa Media Innovation Program (SAMIP) and Myanmar Media Program (MMP), as well as its work supporting the viability of independent media in Ethiopia under the PRIMED initiative.
Over a 3-year period, NAMIP will support up to 25 independent media, ranging from early-stage, small scale outlets to larger, more established players, serving both urban and rural audiences of mainstream and underserved populations.
Applications are open for the first NAMIP Innovation Challenge for Nigerian media. Winners will be awarded up to $50,000 for their project and join NAMIP’s three-year innovation and capacity building program.
The Innovation Challenge is seeking applications from media organisations that are building innovative news and information products that:
- Explore opportunities to reach and connect with broader audiences through digital platforms and technologies; or
- Develop new revenue generation opportunities or sustainable business models?
Successful applicants will benefit from up to $50,000 for their project and have access to a range of capacity building activities, including mentorship and training, as well as joining NAMIP’s supportive community of like-minded organisations.
We encourage applications from existing independent media companies, non-profit media and new ventures who have projects that address one or more of the following focus areas:
Digital native products: New approaches to collecting news and information, and to reporting, storytelling and distribution, that embrace the possibilities of technology.
Reaching rural communities: Innovative approaches to reach that empower people outside of major urban areas and those generally underserved by existing news media.
Engaging people in official languages that are underserved: Attempts to engage and distribute content to communities in vernacular languages that are underserved.
Technology innovation for distribution: New media technology that distributes local news in a cost-effective and sustainable way.
New Revenue opportunities: Innovative solutions to revenue challenges that media companies face – how can we open up new revenue streams to make media organisations more sustainable and independent.
Transition to digital: Finding and implementing solutions, products or processes that assist legacy media to transform their businesses.
Who are we looking for?
- You could be an existing independent media company, a non-profit or a new venture that is just kicking off.
- We are looking for mission-driven companies and organisations passionate about trying new approaches to local news and information.
- We encourage applicants who don’t have traditional journalism and media backgrounds, particularly from the areas of technology, design and business.
For more information, visit Nigeria Media Innovation Program.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0Fg