Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Ref No: R59191
Locations: Lagos & Port Harcourt – Rivers
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Human Resources Jobs
Worker Type: Regular
Business Unit: Human Resources
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- If you’re a Human Resources (HR) professional with proven experience, we can offer you the opportunity to work at the heart of our Human Resources Operations or Employee Relations/Industrial Relations (ER / IR) Team in one of the world’s largest corporations.
Where you fit in:
- Providing a world class HR experience to employees and line managers is essential in a changing and competitive landscape.
- As we transition to cleaner forms of energy, the challenge facing Shell and the wider energy industry in the coming decades is considerable.
- As an Human Resources professional, you have an important role in building a great place to work for our people, enabling them to be their best, which in turns supports Shell to be its best.
- You will be on the front line of creating exceptional HR experiences, provided HR support to employees and Managers.
What’s the Role?
As an HR Advisor within our HR Operations team, you will be accountable for:
- Support Line Managers with Organizational Management related to organizational changes and resourcing.
- Support with the execution of global/local change initiatives.
- Responsible for delivering great employee experience by supporting Line Managers through regular core HR events (e.g. team changes).
- Play active role in resourcing processes by advising the line, providing good candidate experience, and cooperating with Country Operations team for the execution of the transfers.
- Responsible for delivering HR advice to employees and line managers; supporting managers with HR-related cases.
- Diagnose incoming requests to establish the needs of the line manager and/or employee; subsequently, take ownership for resolution or determine correct routing to other parts of the HR model.
- Support Line Managers with local and global policy queries.
As an HR Advisor within our ER/IR team, you will be accountable for:
- Employee Relations and Employee Engagement including participating in local consultation processes and requirements, managing external risks and ensuring compliance with external legislative requirements, and develop and leverage relationships with internal Employee Representative bodies.
- Industrial relations including engaging with the with the Union and employer associations, preventing and managing industrial action, and
- HSSE, Compliance & Ethics including collaborating with key Management stakeholders, lead HR investigations and other complaints and other grievances, in addition, ensure a duty of care towards employees and contractors.
- Capability and community building including ensuring robust information & knowledge management relating to country specific ER/IR content and collaborate with HR to ensure good solid knowledge of Labour Practices standards internally and keeping up to date with the external news and developments.
What We Need From You?
- We’re keen to hear from HR professionals who have at least 8 years’ experience in a Human Resources role.
Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related Degree
- Experience communicating with managers and employees and providing advice and expertise in HR areas such as processes, policies, employment laws, and, compensation and benefits.
- Strong communication and written skills
- Good knowledge of HR Information and Analysis skills
- Proven diagnostic and investigation skills
- Labor and Employment Law knowledge
- CIPM membership
- Professional experience in either Industrial Relations or in Project Management / Continuous Improvement will be a significant advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment. Individuals who are interested in opportunities within the Shell Group will find open positions listed on the company websites www.shell.com/careers when available.
- Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites: www.shell.com/careers. All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process.
- To learn more about Shell’s recruitment process please visit our website www.shell.com/careers.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
Human Resources Generalist at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Sharing Is Caring