Various job positions and internships for graduate are available for entry level and experience professionals wishing to work for the International Monetary Fund.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has openings in a variety of fields, including economics, research, legal, information technology, finance, accounting, human resources, and communications. Internships provide students opportunity to integrate and gain insider experience while becoming adapted to the work environment of the IMF.
IMF Internships 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for these internship opportunities, candidates must meet the following eligibility conditions:
- Must be within one to two years of completing a Ph.D. in macroeconomics or a related field and be in student status (i.e. must be returning to university after the internship). Typically, internships are sought by those who are interested in the IMF’s Economist Program following graduation from the Ph.D.
- Be below the age of 32 at the commencement of the internship.
- Have an excellent command of English, written and oral.
- Possess strong analytical, quantitative and computer skills.
Masters degree students:
- Must be in student status at the commencement of internship (not yet graduated).
- Be below the age of 28 at the commencement of the internship.
- Have an excellent command of English, written and oral.
- Possess strong analytical, quantitative and computer skills
Benefits of IMF Internships 2022
IMF interns receive:
- A competitive salary;
- Round-trip restricted economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. from their university; and
- Limited medical insurance coverage
IMF Graduate and Experience Jobs 2022
If you are interested in IMF graduate jobs and experienced hire positions, you will find and select position for you on the career portal (link below). Compensation package, Job roles, requirements and qualification will vary depending on the position.
Interested applicants should click here to select you desired graduate position or internship to start application
- If you are a Ph.D or Master’s student in macroeconomics: On the IMF’s job application system, then enter 1800920 into the field titled “Job Number”.
- For the Legal Department Internship: candidates must be within one or two years of completing an LLM, J.D, or equivalent advanced degree in law and below the age of 32. Enter 1800904 into the field titled “Job Number”.
- Other Internship Categories: Simply check the ‘Entry Level’ box for available entry level and internship opportunities.
Application Deadlines: Varies
Fund interns work under the supervision of experienced colleagues to carry out a research project, and prepare a research paper. Papers may be presented to IMF staff at the end of the internship, and those of the highest standard may be published internally to the IMF.
Research topics are derived from the IMF work program—the host department’s needs. Past projects have delved into a broad spectrum of economic issues. A few of the 2016 and 2017 FIP research topics included:
- Preferential access to credit: evidence from Brazil
- Credit Demand and Supply during the U.S. Recovery
- Climate change—a contribution to this analytical chapter in the October 2017 WEO
- Impact of commodity price shocks on financial stability in developing countries.
- Explore non-linear effects of oil price shocks on growth (Kazakhstan).
- Spillover effects of ECB unconventional monetary policies
- Impact of foreign direct investment and portfolio investment on gender inequality in developing countries
- Systemic risk amplifiers for stress testing based on inferred networks
- Survey literature on public sector BSA
- Spillovers: measuring third party effects
- Technology and income polarization
- Carbon tax, structural transformation and inequality
- Consumption and wealth in Italy
- Debt sustainability, capacity to repay and other risk assessments
- Productivity and volatility in Europe/Euro Area
- Financing costs in sub-Saharan Africa—Overshooting or fundamentals?
- Trade Integration in Latin America
- Macroeconomic and structural policies and gender inequality
- Bond trading: big data analytics
- Evaluating post-implementation effects of the G20 financial regulatory reforms
- Benchmarking policy frameworks in low-income countries
For more information kindly: Visit the Official Website for Further Details
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link:https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b
International Monetary Fund Graduate Internships, Jobs 2022
sharing is caring