FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Systems Enhancement Accountant
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Associate Director, Finance
- This position will report to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for continuous improvement of financial systems and compliance levels at the State offices in the country.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Office of Compliance and Risk Management, identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; prioritizes areas to be addressed, then, working with staff on the ground, develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future. The implementation phase must include direct training and demonstration of how to implement corrective action.
- Ensure compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated and resolved.
- Report on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Director, Finance and Senior Management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the Feedback Finance hotline; (b) heightened awareness of SOPs and (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Work with the State Finance and Administrative staff to ensure that s/he fully understands and complies with the provisions of the FHI360 financial policies and procedures manual.
- Provide continued orientation to the State Finance and Administrative staff on how to support facilities to compile and submit monthly fund requests and prepare consolidated fund requests for the whole state (covering all Health facilities and Sub awards).
- Develop, maintain and work with the State Finance and Administrative staff to ensure that they fully understand and comply with the FHI 360 procurement process including, but limited to, purchase requests, prequalifying vendors, soliciting quotes, collating quotation/bids from prequalified/potential vendors, the vendor selection process through receipt and payment for goods and/or services.
- Train State Finance and Administrative staff on the procedure involved in tracking expenditures incurred from States sub agreements by FHI360 on behalf of the government and maintain copies of all documentation. After training, follow up to ensure that procedures are followed. Provide additional hands on training and guidance as necessary.
- Train State Implementing Team (SIT) Accountants on the procedures involved in the collection and processing of travel advances (TAs), prepare sub-recipients financial reports (SFRs), reimbursement requests and continuous quality improvement/ technical assistance (CQI/TA) reports from SIT members to the FHI360 state offices. After training, follow up to ensure that procedures are followed. Provide additional hands on training and guidance as necessary.
- Train State Finance and Administrative staff on how to track burn rate/maintain financial monitoring pipelines for each health facility, to monitor budget performance against plans for each health facility managed under the sub agreement and provide feedback to the SIT and other stakeholders in the States. After training, follow up to ensure that procedures are followed. Provide additional hands on training and guidance as necessary.
- Provide hands on training to the State Finance and Administrative staff on how to maintain inventory of all project assets managed through the sub agreement, including ensuring proper filling and storage of financial documents at SIT level. After training, follow up to ensure that procedures are followed. Provide additional hands on training and guidance as necessary.
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5– 7 years relevant experience, or
- MSc. in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in accounting and accounting principles sufficient to prepare complex and detailed financial and budgetary analyses.
- Experience in financial reporting, and financial management systems applications.
- Experience with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria.
- CPA, ACA or recognized equivalent is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to train one on one and in a small group specific technical applications in a way that makes the trainee feel comfortable enough to ask questions when they do not understand and proficient when training is complete
- If necessary, must have the ability to deliver a strong message of compliance in a difficult situation
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information
- Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications
- Proficiency in the use of software applications, database and spreadsheets (including extensive knowledge of Excel database applications)
- Knowledge of local and donor (including USAID) contractual requirements and regulations
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use software tools to present data clearly and concisely
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant
Requisition ID: 2021202359
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Finance Manager
- Under the leadership of the Finance Manager, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of accounting, administrative, and logistical support services to the state office.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare monthly financial report forms which accompany executed sub project documents.
- Prepare monthly reporting/ budgets data entry into excel spreadsheets and automated MIS reports and disseminate information to country office.
- Arrange travel logistics for state office staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Handles all photocopying assignments, development and printing of photographs including reproduction of recorded videotapes for the zonal office.
- Provide logistic support for workshops and training.
- Maintain efficient records/storage of all office supplies.
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the state office (as relevant).
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the state.
- Assists with the production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangements for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 1 – 3 years experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with a large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability in accounting for medium, multifaceted programs.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, community volunteers and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & any of the local languages.
- Experience with administrative and secretarial skills.
Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Requisition ID: 2021202346
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Associate Director, ESITA
- The IT Officer (Applications) will implement new IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity.
- S/he will maintain/support implemented systems to ensure high end-user satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions: Duties And Responsibilities
- Implements software projects.
- Works closely with developers and end-users to ensure implementations match requirements.
- Provides ongoing training to end-users and updating of user manuals.
- Designs, codes and debugs applications in various software languages.
- Performs software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Designs graphical user interfaces.
- Performs software testing and quality assurance
- Conducts ongoing performance tuning and usability improvements.
- Supports, maintains and documents software functionality.
- Integrates software with existing systems.
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
- Computer Engineering Degree and minimum of 3 years experience in a Business Analyst and developer role.
- Proficiency in Windows-based software development.
Mental And Physical Requirements: Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of personnel.
- Strong can-do attitude.
- Carry out responsibilities under minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests in order to address requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding and sometimes stressful environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Engineering, Software Development, Analysis, Project Management and Database development. Strong Competency in developing and debugging applications in languages/platforms including but not limited to C#, ASP.Net, PHP, Microsoft SQL, MySQL etc
- Advanced knowledge and experience of web-based, client/server and mobile applications.
- Working knowledge of networks and mobile devices. Experience with Windows Mobile 5.0/6 devices required.
- Ability to initiate the majority of relevant tasks, specify and plan activities for task accomplishment and notify supervisor of variances.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Scholarships you may like to Apply:
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
Job Opportunities at FHI 360