The scholarship allows Masters, Undergraduate, Postgraduate level programme(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Kyoto University. Application deadlines vary and open for interested students around the globe.
A wide variety of scholarship programs are available for international students wishing to study at Kyoto University. The selection processes are highly competitive, however, and in most cases applications are accepted only after matriculation.
Scholarships accepting applications before matriculation
Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarships are funded by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan. Applications should be made before matriculation, either through a Japanese embassy or consulate (embassy recommendations), or through the host university in Japan (university recommendations).
MEXT Scholarship benefits (as of April 2019, subject to change depending on MEXT’s budget)
|Graduate students||Undergraduate students
Japanese studies students
|Monthly stipend||Research (non-degree) students 143,000 yen
Master’s and professional degree 144,000 yen
Doctoral 145,000 yen
|Those residing in certain regions may be eligible for an additional monthly payment of 2,000 or 3,000 yen|
|Fee exemptions||Examination, admission, and tuition fees are exempted|
|Travel expense coverage||One round-trip ticket is provided|
Foreign government scholarships
Some international students fund their studies with scholarships from their national governments. To learn about the application periods, benefits, and other details of such programs, please contact the relevant agency in your country.
Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-Term Study in Japan)
International students who have been accepted into a Japanese university under a student exchange agreement are eligible to apply for the Scholarship for Short-Term Study in Japan, administered by JASSO. This scholarship consists of a monthly stipend of 80,000 yen, provided throughout the period of stay in Japan.
Applications should be made to Kyoto University through the student’s home institution, together with those for the exchange program itself.
Other Scholarships, Application and Eligibility
Please note that many of these scholarships expect applicants to have a certain level of Japanese language proficiency.
A list of programs that accepted applications through Kyoto University during the previous academic year is available via University-nominated scholarships.
For more information kindly: Visit the Official Website for Further Details
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Scholarships you may like to Apply:
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
Kyoto University Japan 2022/2023 Scholarships for International Students