N-Power News Update: FG Spends Over N360bn Yearly On Empowerment Of Graduates, Non-Graduates
The Federal Government, on Wednesday, reiterated its resolve towards adequate funding of various schemes under the National Social Investment Programmes (NSIPs), including N-Power programmes aimed at reducing poverty and unemployment rate across the country.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq, gave the assurance in Abuja while delivering a farewell message at the end of the 6 weeks N-Knowledge training component of the N-Power Programme for Batch C1, held across the 6 geopolitical zones of the country.
Under the arrangement, no fewer than 3,000 Nigerian youths including People Living With Disabilities (PLWD) drawn from the North Central geopolitical zone of the federation have been trained by Federal Government on various vocational skills.
The beneficiaries who were drawn from Plateau, Kogi, Nasarawa, Benue States and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) undergone 3 months of training namely: N-Power Tech, N-Power Creatives, N-Power Build, N-Power Public Health Workers (N-Health), Agriculture Extension Workers (N-Agro) and Volunteer Teachers (N-Teach) held at the instance of Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.
According to the Minister, the N-Power programme was key to helping young Nigerians acquire and develop life-long skills that ensure they become solution providers and entrepreneurs in their communities.
N-Power has 3 core segments:
- N-Power Volunteer Corps — the Graduate programme;
- N-Power Build – Non-graduate programme;
- N-Power Knowledge – which is a non-graduate programme and embodies the N-Tech Hardware, N-Tech Software and the N-Creative training programmes (Animation and Scriptwriting).
“You will confirm by now that the N-Knowledge programme is focused on equipping young Nigerians with relevant skills and certification to become competent workers, innovators and entrepreneurs prepared for both the domestic and global digital job market. N-Knowledge programme targets to upskill 20,000 young Nigerians on the global radar as exporters of world-class services and content in the creative and information technology sectors. The shortfall of about 7,000 will be mopped up as soon as possible to meet up with the target of 20,000 as earmarked for this tranche.
“This training component is targeted at developing competencies of the youth in software development, Hardware training and creative industry which is catalytic as well as the groundwork to make Nigeria compete in the outsourcing market for software development. It will develop the skills and capacities along the skills set in the value chain of website development, mobile apps maintenance and start the talent development effort for the growth of information technology industry in Nigeria.”
During the training session, Federal Government provided accommodation for all the participants across the 24 training camps, paid a monthly feeding allowance of N27,000 for three months and N30,000 transport allowances which were divided into N15,000 when reporting to camps and another N15,000 at the end of the camp.
She assured the beneficiaries that the monthly stipends of N10,000 for the period of nine months which has commenced will continue to the end of your apprenticeship period.
Farouq disclosed that all the training tools were carefully designed to meet the needs of the different programme tracks in Hardware maintenance, software development and Creative design.
According to her, the sequel to Mr President approval to employ one million beneficiaries into the N-Power programme, a total of 510,000 beneficiaries have been employed in Batch C1 while the Batch C2 will commence soon, through which more Nigerian youths would be enlisted into the programme.
In a brief media chat, NSIP National Coordinator, Umar Bindir, who expressed satisfaction over the successes recorded so far through the implementation of various segments of the NSIPs, described the NSIPs as an ambitious programme.
“It’s a very ambitious programme, NSIP has been acknowledged as the most ambitious poverty eradication programme in the whole of Africa.”
While responding to questions on the funding being spent on the schemes, he said: “If you have one million Graduates attached every month for the one year, they are paid a stipend of N30,000 so every month, there’s a bill of N30 billion, just to pay the stipend and you can do the estimate in one year, you are talking about between N300 and N360 billion only paying for the stipend.
“The non-Graduates have packages as you can see, computers, welding facilities, soldering facilities and so on. They take their own starter packs after being trained, they can now go and do their own business.
“So it is as I said, it is a very ambitious programme and the government is investing between N300 to N400 billion every year to sustain the programme.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Scholarships you may like to Apply:
Chinese Government 2022/2023 Fully-Funded Scholarship Scheme
UNSW Sydney Academic Scholarships for International Students
University of New Heaven Presidential Scholarships for International Students
Shell Career Training Program in Reservoir Engineering
Tiger Brands Young Talent Opportunities for Young South Africans
International Excellence Scholarship at London Metropolitan University, UK
Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program at Yale University
Burger King Mclamore Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023
Hertie School New Perspectives Scholarship for International Students
2022 Davenport University Scholarships for International Students
WAEL Oil and Gas Recruitment for Graduates and Experienced Professionals
Arco Marine and Oilfield Services Limited (AMOSL) Graduate Opportunities
UNSW Global Academic Award to Study in Australia 2022
2022/2023 Marian University International Scholarships for Study in USA
Postdoctoral Fellowship on Food Security and the Environment at Stanford University
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Programme Sub-Saharan Africa (Masters and PhD Studies) 2022 Scholarship.
Mercedes-Benz South Africa Graduate Development Programme 2022 (Paid Traineeship)
University of Toronto Fung Yiu King Memorial Scholarship
University of Copenhagen PhD Positions 2021-2022 [Paid Positions]
British Council International Collaboration Grants 2021 (£3.5m Support Grant)
Mastercard Data and Services Internship Program for Africans 2021/2022
Imperial College Business School Global Leadership Scholarship (Full Tuition Fee)
Tuition Scholarships for International Students at University of Lethbridge
Apply for Chevron Global Human Resources Internship
Apply For 2022 Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships.
United World 2021/2022 Scholarships to Study in United States .
Scholarships 2022/23 for Low Income Country Students to Study in UK.
UNESCO International Centre for Biotechnology (UNECO ICB) 2021/2022 Scholarship Award
Association of Commonwealth Universities Gender Grants 2021
Swinburne University of Technology Scholarships for International Students
Kansas State University Future Student Scholarships and Awards 2022-23
Montana State University (MSU) Presidential Scholarship in USA (Fully funded)
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link