The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar-Farouq, announced a plan by the Federal Government to call up additional 400,000 youths under the N-power program.
The Minister, who spoke in Kano at the closing ceremony of the N-Knowledge training Batch C1, said the figure was part of one million N-power beneficiaries approved by President Muhammadu Buhari.
She explained that “We have carefully implemented this where the batch C1 accommodates a total of 510,000 beneficiaries and the batch C2 will commence soon.”
Hajiya Umar-Farouq disclosed that the N-Knowledge programme is focused on equipping young Nigerians with relevant skills and certification to become competent workers, innovators and entrepreneurs prepared for both the domestic and global digital job market.
The Minister who was represented at the occasion by Muhammad Sambo, Deputy Director, Finance and Account, of the ministry, stated over 3,000 youths from the Northwest zone were trained in software and hardware skills under the Batch C1 of the N-Knowledge component of the N-Power Programme.
She explained that “It is a well-known fact that N-Power programme is a critical part of the National Social Investment Programmes domiciled in the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, adding that the programme would help position young Nigerians in both domestic and global markets.
The Minister said “N-Knowledge programme targets to upskill 20,000 young Nigerians on the global radar as exporters of world-class services and content in the creative and information technology sectors. The shortfall of about 7,000 will be mopped up as soon as possible to meet up with the target of 20,000 as earmarked for this tranche.”
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar-Farouq
- required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Scholarships you may like to Apply:
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
N-Power Update: Federal Government To Employ Additional 400,000 Youths