We invite applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for the position below:
Job Title: Researcher – Candidate Vaccine Development
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 4 – 6 months renewable on satisfactory performance.
- The Agency’s mandate weighs on the promotion, coordination and deployment of cutting-edge biotechnology research & development processes and products for the socio-economic well-being of the nation.
- Her mission is to make Biotechnology an engine of growth for socio-economic development of Nigeria, as well as maintaining the Vision of promoting biotechnology activities that positively respond to national aspirations especially on affordable healthcare delivery.
- To fast track its R &D activities the Agency is hereby inviting applications for a short term position in candidate vaccine development from suitably qualified candidates who must be of Nigeria national irrespective of country of residence.
- The Agency therefore wishes to engage experts willing to contribute in developing mRNA candidate vaccine and/or applying other approaches such as subunit protein technique at its Medical Biotechnology Facility in Abuja.
- We are seeking interested candidate to describe and design mRNA vaccine candidatesand/or apply other 3rd/4th generation approaches that will have potent application in the disease of interest currently being researched in the facility.
- The funded project covers a range of fundamental and applied areas in vaccine development. However, the selected candidate will have access to these laboratories; immunovirology, infectious disease & human biospecimenand the Forensic DNA situated in Medical Biotechnology Department of the Agency.
- The position involves a collaborative activity of these laboratories as well as other partner laboratories to achieve the project aim.
- The Fellow therefore will work on developing and/or deploying technologies aimed at rapidly producing inexpensive, globally appropriate recombinant vaccines for important pathogens that includes viruses.
- The work will involve classical molecular biology, virology, bacteriology, synthetic biology, recombinant expression systems and a variety of immunological techniques.
- The Fellow will also assist to work on optimizing candidate vaccine immunogens as well as the workflow systems.
- It is intended that candidates must have a background in any of the specialized areas of biological / medical sciences related to vaccine development while possessing skills in human cell line, vector construction, PCR and molecular cloning.
- The successful candidate will be involved in full-time research or scholarship at NABDA.
- Ph.D in Bacteriology, Virology, Immunology, Genetic Engineering, Medical Biotechnology or a closely related specialty or
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) with extensive experience in vaccine technology or molecular diagnostics with background in any of the following Bacteriology, Virology, Immunology, Genetic Engineering, Medical Biotechnology or a closely related specialty.
- Knowledge and expertise in cell line, RNA, technique, molecular cloning, electrophoresis, recombinant technique, and vector construction.
- Have a tract record in areas of nucleic acid vaccine development and/or recombinant technology
- Very good communication skills in English
- The successful applicant should have a strong work ethics, resilience and commitment to working as a team player.
- Applicants must be a Nigerian who may be residing within or outside the country.
Monthly allowance not below Research Officer cadre on CONRAISS 14 as provided for in the Federal Public Service however, experience may be considered.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, Cover Letter & Research plan (maximum of 3 pages) to:
Director, Human Resources Management,
National Biotechnology Development Agency,
Umaru Musa Yaradua Express Way,
Applications may also be emailed to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
- Selection Process: Candidates will be screened and selected for interview
- Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.
- Successful applicant is expected to resume around April, 2022.
Application Deadline 28th February, 2022.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
National Biotechnology Development Agency (NABDA) Job Recruitment for a Researcher
Sharing Is Caring