This decision was reached on Wednesday when the Managing Director of Nigeria LNG Ltd, Dr. Philip Mshelbila led his management team to pay a courtesy visit to the Executive Secretary of the NCDMB, Engr. Simbi Kesiye Wabote at the Nigerian Content Tower, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
The Managing Director explained that the visit was conceived to introduce the company’s new management team to the NCDMB. He stated that “NCDMB-NLNG have a special partnership that is beyond operator and regulator relationship. We started this relationship when we signed a Service Level Agreement (SLA) a few years ago and it put in place standards by which we would work together and ensure compliance and guard against surprises.”
He said the current plan is to take the relationship further and beyond complying with the provisions of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) Act. He said the reason is because “NLNG has a vision not just to be a globally competitive NLNG business, but to help build a better Nigeria. To do that we have to work closely with the NCDMB and raise our partnership to a new level, and that includes human development, research, and other areas.”
Jobs You May Like To Apply:
Latest Vacancies at the African Regional Institute for Geospatial Information Science and Technology (AFRIGIST)
Speaking on the ongoing Train 7 LNG project, Mshelbila recalled how NCDMB supported the Nigeria LNG in various ways to enable the takeoff of the project. He said: “the Final Investment Decision (FID) was taken successfully with the help of NCDMB and the project is now under construction, making good and safe progress. We are looking at potentially 5000 to 10,000 persons being employed on different phases of the project. We already have thousands working on the ground. It is employing various contractors across different areas. This is a true example of how local content should be.”
The Executive Secretary in his remarks commended Nigeria LNG for its impressive compliance with the provisions of the Nigerian Content Act, adding that the Board has continually fulfilled its obligations on the Service Level Agreement. He expressed delight with the progress being made with the execution of the LNG Train 7 project, noting that it had reached about 30 percent completion.
He also stated that the worth of the Train 7 project is about $5bn, which represents huge foreign direct investment (FDI) into the Nigerian economy. Other economic benefits include the creation of 10,000 direct jobs and about 40,000 indirect employment opportunities. He added: “There are also upstream projects that are currently being approved that will supply gas to Train 7.
Those upstream projects will lead to additional $6m foreign direct investment into the country. This will create employment opportunities, touch the lives of families, raise the profile of the country as a major LNG LNG producer and increase our domestic LPG (cooking gas) production. Train 7 is already providing a lot of jobs for Nigerian contractors, fabricators, logistics companies and more. The benefits are enormous.”
He assured that the Board will continue to collaborate closely with the Nigeria LNG, especially to ensure deeper LPG (cooking gas) penetration into the Nigerian market, hinting that NCDMB had partnered with several investors towards improving the accessibility of LPG.
Wabote also encouraged Nigeria LNG to consider further investments, highlighting that Qatar already had 14 LNG trains. He said Nigeria needed to grow its LNG capacities, especially with the world’s clamour for energy transition and Federal Government’s declaration that gas is Nigeria’s transition fuel.
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me