The NDDC Scholarship is a scholarship offered by the Niger Delta Development Commission that funds students from developing countries who are attending an accredited State University, College, or federal University in Nigeria. The scholarship covers tuition, room and board, books, and all necessary expenses for students.
Eligibility For NDDC Scholarship
The NDDC scholarship eligibility is determined by the following:
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens, from Delta State and have resided in Nigeria for at least five years
- Applicants must be between 17 and 23 (inclusive) as of January 1, 2014
- Must be pursuing a full course load at an accredited university in Nigeria and have not been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) for their first-degree program and have not received any previous scholarship from the NDDC
- Applicants must be able to provide proof of graduation from secondary school or its equivalent (General Certificate of Education, GCE; National Examination Council, NECO; West African Examination Council, WAEC)
- Must be willing to undergo a background check and sign NDDC’s Confidentiality Agreement
- Applicants must be willing to participate in the orientation program and a short interview
- Applicants must be willing to sign the NDDC’s Contract of Service
- Must not have a criminal record and should submit certified copies of their police clearance certificates with their applications
- Applicants must not have been involved in any political or criminal activity
- Applicants must not be known members of any political party
- Must have a minimum grade of Second Class Upper or its equivalent qualification for Postgraduates
- Applicants must be physically fit and healthy
The NDDC scholarship is awarded to students pursuing an undergraduate degree at any accredited college or university in Nigeria. The NDDC Scholarship Program is open to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, or national origin but mainly to the indigenes of Delta State.
NDDC Scholarship Deadline
The scholarship application period is usually open from October 1 to December 31 but can differ as the dates are not permanently fixed.
The application must be submitted via the online form. All applications must be submitted on or before December 31 of each year.
Requirements For NDDC Scholarship
The NDDC scholarship is sponsored by the Niger Delta Development Commission and offers a $1000 (500,000 Naira) award to single parents and their children pursuing higher education. Applicants must be enrolled full-time and demonstrate financial need.
Applicants must be:
Single parents between the ages of 25 and 45. Students enrolled full-time in an accredited 4-year college or university, community college, trade school, technical school, or graduate program.
The application process is simple and consists of two steps:
Students may write an essay on a topic of their choice that answers the following question: “What are you doing during your summer break that will help you get ready for college?” The essay should be between 600 and 800 words. Students must also submit a copy of their transcript, a letter of recommendation from an adult who is not a relative, a list of their extracurricular activities, and an official copy of their high school diploma.
Applicants will be automatically considered for all of NDDC’s scholarships based on their responses to questions about themselves and their child with Down syndrome on the website profile.
Scholarship Worth: $1,000 (N500,000)
Benefits of NDDC Scholarship
The scholarship is open to all high school seniors graduating this June and enrolling in college for the fall semester, regardless of ethnicity, religion, or nationality. One of the benefits of the NDDC scholarship includes a guaranteed $2,500 in scholarship money to the winner.
Is the NDDC Scholarship Renewable?
The NDDC scholarship is renewable for a maximum of three years. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance and maintenance of the required GPA to continue receiving scholarship awards.
Ten (10) Scholarship Tips That Will Help You
Scholarships are available to students with a high GPA, who perform well on standardized tests and demonstrate financial need. The application process is quick and easy.
Here are ten (10) tips that will help you secure a scholarship:
1. Start early – Apply for scholarships as soon as you know about them. The sooner you apply, the better your chances of winning a scholarship because many scholarships have a limited time to apply.
2. Before filling out applications, research the scholarship and ensure it is for students in your field of study.
3. Be creative: Scholarships are not just for students with excellent grades and test scores; many scholarships reward creativity, community service, leadership, and other qualities.
4. Apply for as many scholarships as you can: While some students apply for only one or two scholarships, the more scholarship applications you complete, the better your chances are of winning.
5. Don’t forget about local scholarships: Many local businesses and organizations also offer scholarships, so check with your school counselor or the organization you want to work for.
6. Remember to ask your family and friends: Many students don’t think to ask their parents, grandparents, or siblings if they have any connections that can help them win a scholarship.
7. Don’t give up: While some scholarships are only available to specific groups of people, don’t be discouraged if you don’t qualify for one particular award. Many scholarships are open to all students, so don’t give up on your search.
8. Get organized: Keep track of the scholarship applications you’ve completed, and check to make sure you’ve submitted them on time.
9. Be realistic: While it’s great to dream about winning a million-dollar scholarship, the reality is that these scholarships are few and far between. If you’re looking for a way to pay for college, focus on finding more attainable awards.
10. Keep applying: Most scholarship applications require that you reapply each year. Use it every year when you find a scholarship that fits your needs.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0Fg