This is to inform you all that NDDC has begin Niger Delta its 2022 talent hunt for Youths. Interested persons should carefully read before applying.
The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, has flagged-off a unique programme targeted at youths, Niger Delta Talent Hunt, NIDETH, to harness their creative gifts in the entertainment industry. Speaking during the ceremony at the NDDC headquarters in Port Harcourt, the Interim Administrator of the interventionist agency, Dr. Efiong Akwa, said the Commission would continue to create programmes to address the challenges of youths in the region. Baker Hughes 2022 Ignite 6 -12 month Undergraduate Internship Programme – Engineering & Technology (Nigeria)
He thanked President Muhammadu Buhari and the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Mr Umana Umana, for supporting activities aimed at elevating the initiatives of youths in the Niger Delta region.
Dr. Efiong said: “Our focus in this programme is to identify the talented youths, build them up and expose them to the world. We want to use this as an opportunity to provide a platform to expose the hidden talents in the region. If you build the youth, you build the nation.”
In his remarks, the NDDC Director, Youths and Sports, Mr. Offiong Ephraim, noted that the NIDETH is a flagship programme of the NDDC Youths and Sports Directorate which aims at exposing the inherent talents of youths in the Niger Delta region.
He said the talent hunt programme would kick off from Ondo State with the finals taking place in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. The NIDETH programme, Ephraim stated, covers the nine NDDC Mandate States.
In his own remarks, the Special Adviser on Youths to the Interim Administrator, Engineer Udengs Eradiri, said that Niger Delta youths are enterprising and noted that artistes from the region had challenges of getting support and platforms to express themselves.
He said: “The creative industry is one area that we can engage a lot of idle young people. We will continue to play our role in supporting institutions to create the platform to push our young people to international community. We must keep the creative sector alive in the Niger Delta to develop young talents to showcase to the world.”
One of the leading artistes in the region and consultant for the programme, Mr. Okiri Harrison, also known as Harry Song, said that the new NDDC youth programme was a dream come true for those in the creative sector, noting that 80 per cent of the entertainment industry was rooted in the Niger Delta.
The musician stated that: “In the entertainment industry, cutting across music, comedy and theatre, the top talents are from the Niger Delta region. The main issue is that most talents remain unharnessed because there is no proper platform to identify and develop them. I am glad because this is where NIDETH comes in.”
Dr. Ibitoye Abosede
Director, Corporate Affairs
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joi