The European University of Nigeria (EUN) is a newly established and NUC licensed university located in Abuja (FCT), Nigeria, with a vision to be a foremost globally-recognized institution raising competent individuals capable of responding to economic and technological needs of the society and the environment.
We invite applications from suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Vice-Chancellor shall, in reation to the University, take precedence before all other members of the University except the Chancellor and, subject to section 7(1) of the University Law, except the Pro-Chancellor and any other person for the time being acting as Chairman of the Governing Cound, except when acting as Chairman of Convocation.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall have the general function, in addition to any other functions conferred on him by the University Law or otherwise, of directing the activities of the University, and shall to the exclusion of any other power or authority be the Chief Executive, Academic and Finance Officer of the University and Chairman of the Senate.
- The ViceChancellor is specifically charged with the smooth running of the University and shall exercise such functions as may be conferred on, or imposed upon him by the University Law, statutes and regulations and shal, subject to the provision of the University Law, exercise general supervision aver disciplines in the University, monitoring the efficiency and good order of the University.
Also Check : Latest Employment Opportunities at Kimberly-Clark
- By virtue of office, be the Chairman of the Senate, shall preside over meetings of congregation and in the absence of the Chancellor, the Vice-Chancellor shall preside over convocation for the conferment of degrees, and other academic titles and distinctions of the University:
- Be the principal officer of the University responsible to the Governing Council for the organization and conduct of the business of the University
- Serve as the nerve center of activities in areas of protocol external relations and coordination of various internal organs of the University
- Exercise general academic supervision over the University and shall have a general responsibility to the Governing Council for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University, and it shall be the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to see that the provisions of the Law, the statutes and regulations are observed and he may exercise such powers as may be necessary or expedient for that purpose
- By virtue of his office, be a member of the Governing Council, the Senate, the Faculties, Institutes and any other authority of the University set up by the Senate and or any Board or Committee appointed by any of those bodies
- Provide leadership and direction to the University through policy foundation, development and implementation to ensure accountability and responsibility for efficient and effective compliance with the University Law, statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Promote and advance the vision, Mission and objects of the University
- Take a proactive role in facilitating and encouraging cooperation and colaboration among allargans of the University
- Ensures activities of the institution support the strategic plan of the University
- Manage resources within the approved estimates in accordance with the provisions of the law and statutes of the University
- Manage the student academic affairs, student discipline and student issues generally.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned or referred to him by the Governing Council.
- The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is required to posses a good University education and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate should:
- Be a highly distinguished academic with a PhD, and who is well rooted in the finest academic tradition
- Be on the rank of professor for at least 10 years
- Have had a wide academic and administrative experience at a reputable university, and be capable of giving dynamic academic and administrative leadership
- Be able to engender both national and international respect, particularly in the academic world Possess the ability to create the much-needed harmony between staff and students on the one hand and between members of the university community and the wider community on the other hand
- Be a person with a clear vision and capacity to institute the new university and to pursue its development
- Be someone who appreciates, and acts on merit and who will resist under pressure
- Be of sound mental and physical health
- Be prepared to demonstrate commitment to the university’s vision mission and core values, as well as the pursuit of its strategic objectives
- Be a person who is not older than 60 years at the point of assumption of duty as Vice-chancellor
- Possess appreciable computing skills as well as the ability to embrace information and communications technology.
Job Title: Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor shall be a highly distinguished scholar of the rank of professor
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor shall act in place of the Vice-Chancellor when the office of the Vice-Chancellor is vacant or the Vice-Chancellor is for any reason (including absence from the precincts of the University) unable to perform his function as Vice-Chancellor
- Act in place of the Vice-Chancellor
- Have responsibility for overseeing supporting services and community service including student and staff-oriented services, business services, health, and socio-cultural and religious Services
- Assist the Vice-Chancellor in the major revenue generating drive of the institution and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor
- Must be a person of high academic standing and reputation in his/her respective discipline.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a senior administrative leadership role at the level of dean or above)
- Be morally sound and of unimpeachable probity and integrity
- Be not more than 65 years old
- Have extensive and deep experience in all facets of university administration vi.
- Be a person who commands respect nationally and internationally especially in academic circle.
Conditions of Service
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a term of two years commending on the day on which he is appointed, except he resigns, or is removed and unless so removed, shall be eligible for re-election for a term of two years subject to satisfactory performance evaluation
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- There shall be a Registrar for the University who had be the Chief Administrative Officer and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative activities of the University.
- The Registrar shall be the Secretary to the Governing Cound Senate, Congregation and Convocation and shall be the custodian of these and other legal documents of the University
- Arrange for the conduct of examinations
- Keep in safe custody all records of the University
- Be the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate Congregation, Convocation and such other bodies as the statutes may prescribe on the Vice-Chancellor may direct and be responsible to the ViceChancellor for executive action arising from the decisions of aforementioned bodies
- Assist the Vice-Chancellor in the general administration of the University
- Ensure that University publications such as the University calendar, University prospectus, staff handbook, student handbook, University Gazette, handbook on administrative procedures are updated and released regularly
- Handle establishment matters for senior, junior, intermediate, academic, non-academic and technical staff
- Organize, direct and coordinate the activities of the administrative component of the University
- Liaise with the administrative unit heads and to network with staff and students’ unions in creating a conducive climate for the functioning of the University.
- Possess a good honors First Degree in Liberal, Humanities or related disciplines
- Having a relevant higher degree and/or registration with relevant professional bodies is an added advantage
- Candidates are expected to have served for at least 15 years in sufficiently senior administrative capabilities in the University system or in comparable establishments;
- Suitable candidates are expected to be knowledgeable about the operation of the university system and competent to advise and take executive actions on matters of planning, design and management in realization of the cardinal objectives of teaching, research and community service
- Computer knowledge and application are mandatory.
You May Like: Career Opportunities at the U.S. Embassy, Nigeria
Job Title: Librarian
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the over-all administration of the University Library including all branches and extensions and for providing library services for the entire University community.
- Collect and systematize adequate and relevant library materiels
- Ensure regular training and development of library professional and support staff
- Allocate the approved funds of the library and give returns on uition
- Ensure that library professional staff comply with the rules of the Librarian Registration Council
- Ensure that the library is digitalized, computerized, networked, and integrated into national and international networks
- Facilitate inter-library cooperation and provide access to the resources of other libreries
- Generate revenue outside the allocation by the University
- Procure and organize teaching and research materials from various publishing outfits based on the requirements of the faculties, departments and other units of the University
- Provide bibliographic instructions to users and provide circulation and reprographic services to users of the library
- Provide current awareness services on new accessions through the library bulletin, accessions lists, displays, exhibits, etc.
- Possess a good Honours Degree in Library and Information Services from a recognized University, plus a Higher Degree (preferably PHD) with at least 12 years relevant experience, preferably in a University or other institutions of higher learning
- Be professionally qualified and be a practicing librarian
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Be computer literate and proficient in computer applications
- Be registered member of the Librarians’ Registration Council of Nigeria (RON)
Job Title: Dean
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We are recruiting to fill the position of Dean in the following Faculties:
- Medical Sciences
- Management and Social Sciences
- Computing and Information Technology
- The candidate for the post of Dean is required to possess a good University education and should be a proven manager with the capacity to give academic and administrative leadership.
- Be a distinguished academic with a PhD, and good publications in journals of high impact factors
- Be on the rank of Senior Lecturer and above
- Have had a wide academic and administrative experience at a reputable University, and be capable of giving dynamic academic and administrative leadership
- Be able to engender both national and international respect, particularly in the academic world
- Possess the ability to create the much needed harmony between staff and students of the Faculty
- Be someone who appreciates, and acts on merit and who will resist undue pressure
- Be of sound mental and physical health
- Be morally sound and ofunassailable integrity
- Be prepared to demonstrate commitment to the growth of the faculty
- Possess appreciable computing skills as well as the ability to embrace information and communication technology.
Apply Also: Career Employment Opportunity for Accounting / Reconciliation Officer at Excel and Grace Consulting
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the University and subject to the directions of and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor and the Board of Trustees of the University for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- He/She must be competent to advise on financial policies, budgeting, disbursement of funds and be responsible for the preparation of Annual Estimates, Planning, Control and periodic evaluation of University accounting and treasury services, including investment of funds, preparation and updating of Manual of Financial Procedures etc.
- The Bursar is also expected to carry out other duties as may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
- Advise Governing Council, Vice-Chancellor, committees, deans, and other officers of the University on financial matters
- Assess, develop and implement manual and computerized accounting and financial management systems and procedures as well as control systems
- Direct the preparation of consolidated financial statements of the University
- Direct the preparation of periodic income and expenditure balance sheet and cash flow estimates of the University
- Ensure that proper records of all assets of the University are maintained and that assets are properly guarded against theft natural and other disasters, etc.
- Ensure the correct and timely preparation of financial statements and accounts of the University and their submission to the Vice Chancellor, Governing Council and committees
- Ensure the execution of the annual audits of the University’s accounts in an efficient and effective manner
- Monitor and ensure the efficient and effective management of the fixed assets, working capital, receivables, and payables of the University
- Monitor capital expenditure on projects, make returns to relevant authorities and comply with due process and other financial regulations
- Monitor the funds received from donors and other agencies to ensure that they are used for the specified projects and that required reports are submitted promptly
- Scrutinize the University’s monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against approved spending plan
- Organise the evolvement and updating of financial management plans of the University.
- Possess a good Honours Degree in Accounting
- Be professionally qualified (.e.g, possessing any of ICAN, ANAN, ACCA
- ACA etc)
- Have at least fifteen (15) years of post-qualification cognate working experience which should include not less than seven (7) years at the managerial level in a recognized establishment.
Conditions of Service
- The Bursar shall serve for a term of five years in the first instance, which may be renewed.
- The remuneration shall be negotiated which may be improved from time to time with performance
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
All applicants are required to comply with the following conditions:
- Each application should be accompanied with a copy of the candidate’s Application Letter, the statement of his/her vision for the university under his/her leadership and current Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate.
- The curriculum vitae must indude the candidate’s name in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, professional and academic achievements and any other relevant information.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees (at least one should be able to testify to the academic standing of the candidate and another to his/her moral character and integrity).
- Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward their reports directly to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each application must be accompanied by a statement of the candidate’s vision of the university.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for discussion and or interview.
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Recommended: New Job Openings at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0F