Are you passionate about enrolling for International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)? If your answer is in the affirmative to any of those questions above, then this golden opportunity take advantage. See Full Details on International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Job Vacancies. Interested applicants are invited to apply for International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA).
New Job Openings at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Procurement Officer (Expression of Interest for Consultancy Service)
Project ID: P-Z1-AA0-139
Contract Duration: Assignment shall be for an initial period of One (1) year and subject to renewal with satisfactory performance.
- This request for expression of interest (REOI) follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website(www.afdb.org) 12th August 2022.
- The International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA) has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Phase II and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for TAAT Procurement Officers who will be based in Nigeria.
- This assignment is to engage two (2) Procurement officers to support the TAAT Procurement specialist in managing, conducting, and administering procurement activities in line with the Bank’s procurement policy framework.
- During the assignment, the consultants will be expected to perform the following duties: assist the Procurement Specialist in the implementation of procurement activities for the program in accordance with AfDB and CGIAR requirements, as applicable;
- Assist in the preparation of the Program Procurement Plans of the value chains and Enablers in close consultation with Value chain and Enabler leaders;
- Prepare and update the Value chains’ annual procurement plans to be included in the program’s quarterly and annual work plans and budgets; prepare relevant inputs to standard bidding documents, such as TORs, specifications and Bills of Quantities; manage the bidding/tendering processes for the procurement of works, goods and services following AfDB and CGIAR procurement rules and procedures as applicable;
- Collate all program technical quarterly and annual reports from the different value chains and Enablers for review and submission to the Bank;
- Assist with the organization of program management meetings and AfDB supervision missions, including the preparation of all materials required for such meetings;
- Prepare all procurement records to facilitate post-procurement reviews during supervision missions;
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date procurement records in line with AfDB requirements;
- Provide guidance and advice to assigned procurement staff at the compacts and participating institutions;
- Carry out any other activities assigned by the Procurement Specialist or the Program Coordinator.
- The selected consultants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Engineering, Science, Social sciences, Law or any other relevant discipline
- Certification or Training in or demonstrated working knowledge of procurement rules and procedures of AfDB/World Bank or other multilateral development agencies;
- At least 2 years of experience working in AfDB financed project or with related Multilateral Development Bank
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues and sound computer literacy in using standard applications (Windows and Microsoft Office).
- The IITA now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services.
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s Procurement Framework, October 2015,
- The selected Consultants will be members of TAAT PMU to be based in Nigeria and the assignment shall be for an initial period of One (1) year and subject to renewal with satisfactory performance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online