New Job Openings at Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH)
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the positions below:
Job Title: Assistant Chief Security Officer – CONTEDISS 11
- The Assistant Chief Security Officer of the Polytechnic will be reporting to the Chief Security Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good honours Degree in Criminology / Psychology, Sociology, Forensic Chemistry or any other related Social Sciences from arecognized University.
- Evidence of intensive training in a well-established and government-recognized security organization or an arm of the Armed Forces or paramilitary organization with a minimum of 10 years post-qualification cognate experience.
- An ex-Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) in the Nigerian Police or its equivalent rank in any of the armed forces.
- Possession of NYSC discharge certificate is required.
- The basic salary of the Assistant Chief Security Officer is in line with the Consolidated Tertiary Education Institutions Salary Structure (CONTEDISS) 11, including other benefits and allowances that maybe approved by the Governing Council of the Institution.
Job Title: Chief Security Officer – CONTEDISS 13
- The Chief Security Officer of the Polytechnic is responsible to the Rector for the Security of lives and properties in the institution.
- He is responsible for the effective coordination of security in and around the three (3) campuses of the Polytechnic and he is to liaise with other security agencies in the discharge of his duties.
- Overall control of all Security Personnel on the three (3) campuses of Polytechnic i.e lkorodu (main campus), lsolo and Surulere.
- To advise the Rector in prevention and diffusion of problems on the Campus.
- To evolve a security framework that would at least be susceptible to trouble makers.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good honours Degree in Criminology / Psychology, Sociology, Forensic Chemistry or any related Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Evidence of intensive training in a well-established and government-recognized security organization or an arm of the Armed Forces or paramilitary organization with a minimum of 13 years post qualification cognate experience.
- An ex-Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) in the Nigeria Police or its equivalent rank in any of the Armed Forces.
- Possession of a Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage.
- Possession of NYSC discharge certificates required.
- The basic salary of the Chief Security Officer is in line with the Consolidated Tertiary Education Institutions Salary Structure (CONTEDISS) 13, including other benefits and allowances that may be approved by the Governing council of the Institution.
Job Title: Director, Works and Services – CONTEDISS 15
- The Director, Works & Services is the Administrative Head of the Department of Works & Services.
- He reports to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the department.
- Please note that this office is tenured for a period of four years, renewable once, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Exercising over all control of the Works and Services.
- Formulating departmental strategies to achieve institutional goals.
- Planning and controlling the technical activities of the Works and Services.
- Advising the Rector on the acquisition, operation and maintenance of all Polytechnic assets, as the case maybe.
- Advising the Management on the status of all acquired Polytechnic assets considering the architectural designs, construction of the Polytechnic landed properties and valuation of physical assets, in terms of quality andquantity.
- Preparing the Departmental budget and exercising budgetary controls.
- Keeping an inventory of all Polytechnic’s vehicles and has responsibility for their maintenance, security and up-keep
- Supervision of all staff in the Department
- Responsible to the Rector.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must not be less than a serving Chief Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical etc.), Chief Quantity Surveyor, Chief Architect, Chief Builder, Chief Town Planner, Chief Estate Surveyor etc. in a reputable tertiary educational institution.
- Candidate must possess a good Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in related field as listed in (i) above from a recognized University.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree in the related field as listed in(i) above will be an added advantage.
- He/She should have at least 15 years post-qualification cognate experience.
- He/She must possess excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Membership of a recognized and related professional body is mandatory.
- The basic salary of the Director is in line with the Consolidated Tertiary Education Institutions Salary Structure (CONTEDISS) 15, including other benefits and allowances that maybe approved by the Governing Council of the Institution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send twenty (20) copies each of their typewritten Applications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) giving the details in the following order:
- Post desired
- Full Name, with surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- Nationality and how acquired
- State of Origin / Local Government
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail address and mobile phone numbers
- Qualifications (Academic and Professional).
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institution(s) attended with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and post(s) held with dates, indicating duties
- Present Employer
- Post and Salary (evidence of salary will be demanded at the interview)
- Publication(s) (if any)
- Names of three (3) Referees: Employer, Educational and Personal
- Normal Signature.
Applications are to be forwarded in fully sealed envelops to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH),
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence, where applicable and bring the originals of their credentials to the interview.
- Applicants are also required to request Referees to forward confidential reports on their behalf, to the Registrar, Lagos State Polytechnic.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
- Apply only if you have the desire qualification
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted
Note: Pinnacle Report Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That Gives Information Concerning Politics, Jobs, Scholarships, Sports, Relationships, Crime, Health, Entertainment And Lots More.
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link