NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) was incorporated as a private limited liability company on 9th October 2008 as a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited. The company provides a wide range of shipping services covering training, manning, fleet management, terminal management services and consultancy services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Third Officer
Job Grade: Shipboard Officer
Contract Type: Voyage Contract
- To provide assistance to the deck team onboard the ship and carryout all duties as prescribed by the master.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Third Officer understudies and assists the Second Officer. He/She must keep a navigational watch.
- During cargo operations, he/she will assist with cargo operations, stability, ballast operations, moorings and ship security during the period of his watch.
- He/She is responsible for the safety of all personnel working for him.
- He/She is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all deck portable firefighting equipment and lifesaving appliances.
- He/She is responsible to the Master for the completion of records of on -board training.
- Where required shall act as nominated officer for the GMDSS station with responsibility for associated tests and records.
- He/She is responsible for the upkeep of the Recreational and Technical library.
- The Third Officer must carry out any lawful command and delegated duty as issued by the Master.
The right candidate should:
- Be a Nigerian seafarer
- Have a minimum of three months experience on a Gas Tanker, preferably LNG tanker
- Have a minimum of OOW Deck Certificate of Competency issued by a Maritime Agency approved by the Bermuda flag. (See link https://bsma.bm/seafarers/)
- Be 18 years of age or above.
- International Passport
- Seaman’s Discharge Book
- STCW Mandatories (PSSR, PST, Fire Fighting and Prevention)
- STCW Advanced certificates (PSCRB & Advanced Fire Fighting approved by Bermuda Flag)
- Yellow Fever Card
- Advanced Gas Tanker certificate
- Advanced Liquefied Gas Tanker Endorsement
- ECDIS certificate
- Efficient Deck Hands
- Gas Tanker Familiarisation
- Human Element and Leadership Management (Operational Level)
- NAEST (Operational Level)
- Medical First Aid
- Safety Officer Certificate
- Designated Security Duties
- Shipboard Security Officer.
- Sperry ECDIS Type-Specific
- Seafarer Medical Certificate approved by Bermuda flag.
Application Closing Date
10th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Fill the online application form and upload your CV and other documents.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to an outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0Fg
NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) Job Recruitment for Third Officer
Sharing Is Caring