Umba has just rolled out a new online POS solution and is teaming up with some of the biggest e-commerce merchants to increase customers access to online goods and services.
Umba combines advanced tools and techniques to optimize risk exposures in emerging markets that are currently underserved by traditional banking services. The Umba platform allows users to apply, receive and repay microloans through their mobile phone while using machine learning to underwrite using a risk score that is highly accurate and improves over time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Contracted to Full Time
Level: Mid Level
- We are looking for a Product Manager to join the lending team at the Nigeria office. The Product Manager manages the successful development and implementation of credit products
- This person is responsible for the strategy, product planning, and execution throughout the product lifecycle and defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product requirements, and working closely with engineering, design, marketing, and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- The ideal candidate will be curious, have strong attention to detail, and passion for customer success.
- Build the next generation of our core risk engine including machine learning pipeline, underwriting models, 3rd party data capture, and pricing engine.
- Drive forward the high leverage and high impact internal underwriting, pricing, and verification tools to optimize the business on the fly.
- Provide a good research POV on machine learning tools and libraries and how they can be practically leveraged for near-term impact.
- Operate as an industry expert and provide stakeholders with an understanding of the latest and greatest ways ML is being leveraged by others.
- Break vision into phases, prioritize and drive backlogs for launch with your dedicated engineering teams.
- Work with internal stakeholders from risk, legal, operations, and executive management to translate business needs into product requirements.
- Work closely with designers, developers (both locally and remotely), Q/A testers, and subject matter experts to get requirements well scoped, designed, tested, and built.
- Monitor and understand the key metrics governing your product area, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the development team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Engineering, Data Science, Economics, or related technical field is preferred
- 3-4 Years of Product Management Experience
- Proven results influencing stakeholders and displaying improvements
- Ability to translate complex problems and ideas into easily understood descriptions
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent backend platform systems that support the customer experience
- Proven ability to dive deeply into specific functional areas and learn a domain
- Proven ability to innovate and come up with ideas to help drive the product forward
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides and get into technical detail
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills – delivery and action-oriented
Nice to have:
- Experience with building machine-learning enabled credit products
- Experience in financial services
- Ability to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Valid work authorization for Nigeria
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Recommended: New Job Openings at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0F