Nile University of Nigeria is a fast-growing private higher education institution located in Abuja. The University was founded in 2009 and is a member institution of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan African network of Higher Institutions. Nile University has over 6,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, as well as 51 postgraduate programs across six faculties.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research & Innovation Officer
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking to engage a highly competent and result-oriented Research & Innovation Officer to join our dynamic Team.
- Assist in research trainings, research workshops, symposiums, and events.
- Gathering and compilation of research projects, research publications, copyrights, and patents, patent publications from individual faculty members and staff.
- Liaison with industries for research projects, the establishment of industrial chairs, and industrial funding for departmental projects.
- Coordinate the research grant and monitor the intime progress of it by progress report submissions.
- Coordinate with the Centre for Research Excellence (CRE) of NUN and liaison with the DVC office.
- Assist in research-related functions of DVCs’ office for liaison with external research agencies to expand NUN opportunities for research and development by establishing supportive relationships.
- Extend support to the Deans of various faculty/departments in the procurement of research software, books, and resources. you may also like to Baker Hughes 2022 Ignite 6 -12 month Undergraduate Internship Programme – Engineering & Technology (Nigeria): Apply Here
- Compile quarterly reports of research and development initiatives of various departments in ensuring continuous upbuilding of university research ecosystem.
- Liaison with the librarian to update the resources required for the university for quality research and development.
- Work for international universities and institutions’ collaborations for research and development.
- Assist in research and development collaborations with industries and stakeholders
- Conduct students’ satisfaction surveys and report to the DVCs office for continuous improvement.
- Assist in the review of the academic curriculum wherever there is a possibility for updating and improvement with faculty members.
- Update the quality of research programs, in tune with the requirements of industries and stakeholders.
- Assist the DVC in the formation of research and development committees for individual academic departments, as well as their ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
- Organize research and development meetings with individual academic departments and report to the DVC’s office.
- Preparation of materials and reports for the graduate program, faculty academic committees, and the Chair.
- Assist the DVCs office with any related duties and responsibilities that are assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of Master’s Degree / Doctoral Research Scholar
- Minimum of 4 years work experience.
- Exposure in research and academic environment, experience writing and editing, budgeting, research, and familiarity with web design platforms preferred.
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheets; networking, negotiation, public relations, creative thinking, strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, self-motivated and self-starter with strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities, required.
- Excellent computer proficiency
- Knowledge of statistics and tools of research software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 10th August, 2022.
- Your application must include the following:
- Your current Curriculum Vitae (CV) in PDF, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in PDF).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joi