Are you passionate about enrolling for the Standard Chartered Women in Tech Incubation Programme? If your answer is in the affirmative to any of those questions above, then this golden opportunity is for you. Then take advantage of and apply for the NAGARA 2023 Internship Program. See Full Details on 2023 Standard Chartered Women in Tech Incubation Programme
Interested applicants are invited to apply for Standard Chartered Women in Tech Incubation Programme 2023.
Standard Chartered Bank Zambia launched the SC Women in Tech (WiT) incubator programme in partnership with BongoHive. The entrepreneurship programme will support Zambian female-led tech enterprises and female business owners who would like to leverage technology to grow their businesses.
The WiT programme is part of the bank’s new ‘Futuremakers’ programme, which aims to help communities to learn, earn and grow – under the ‘Entrepreneurship’ pillar. It is also aligned with BongoHive’s commitment to building a sustainable startup ecosystem through its entrepreneurship programmes.
The Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator, is Africa’s leading incubator programme for female-led and founded businesses. It aligns with calls for more diversity in technology, entrepreneurship and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence. This speaks to the bank’s Sustainability and Community Engagement strategy and focuses on supporting innovation, infrastructure and technology.
This programme is an initiative of Standard Chartered Bank Zambia in partnership with BongoHive, following the successful implementation of the Women in Tech programme in Kenya, Nigeria and Bahrain to mention a few.
- Business Incubation
Three (3) months of learning experience in business management and operations
- Personalised Mentorship
Personalised mentorship for all participants & their business needs
- Planning and Support
Access to legal, accounting, financial planning & tech support
- Networking & Expert help
Access to networking opportunities with fellow successful applicants and industry experts
- Alumni Opportunity
An opportunity to join BongoHive’s supportive Alumni Network
- Funding Opportunities
$10,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five (5) finalists from the incubation programme to assist with the implementation of technology in their businesses
- Continued Support
Five (5) months ongoing support from Standard Chartered, BongoHive & a network of coaches and mentors to assist with go-to-market strategies and scaling-up for the top five (5) finalists
You may like: Latest Vacancies at Inspire Polytechnic
Who can Apply
We are seeking to recruit the best entrepreneurial minds of women-led startup teams using digital technology as a key driver of innovation in business.
- The business owner must be a Zambian female founder or co-founder over 18 years of age and with an equal or majority stake
- The business must be based and operating in Zambia
- The business must already be using digital technology, or have a clear need to incorporate digital technology to enable their business to grow
- The business owner must be of Zambian nationality
- The business must have been registered with PACRA for at least 3 months
- The business owner may be seeking support for customer, product, and/or business model development
- Key persons of the business (preferably 2 founders) must be available to undertake the 3-month incubation programme from March to May 2023
- The top 5 winners of the incubation programme must be able to attend a 5-month acceleration programme from 21st June to 21st November
- The prize fund is primarily for building the digital technology and any balance to be used in the business