International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Job Recruitment for Pre-School Teacher
We seek suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: Pre-School Teacher
Ref: STS2021 – 002
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
Classroom Management Responsibilities:
- Ensure a physically and emotionally safe environment for students through positive framing, kind communication with students and adults, and predictable, consistent routines.
- Use classroom and behavioural management strategies that are positive, structured, consistent, respectful, and responsive to student needs, to build a safe, orderly, inclusive, and positive classroom community.
- Use a wide array of data to make instructional choices and create specific action plans to increase student achievement, including dynamic student grouping for small group instruction.
- Utilize an effective approach to behaviour management, time management, classroom organization and appearance, planning, teaching, and monitoring learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of inquiry and give students choices to show their understanding.
- Encourage students to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage all students in activities.
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance.
- Respect all deadlines set out by the PYP Coordinator and the school and keep proper documentation.
Curriculum Related Responsibilities:
- Plan Units of Inquiry and deliver lessons by following IB curriculum framework collaboratively with the PYP Coordinator and Single Subject teachers using the agreed school systems.
- Ensure that all aspects of the IB PYP continuum are fully integrated into all learning including the Approaches to Learning and the IB Learner profile, build Student Agency and support Voice Choice and Ownership
- Prepare teaching and learning documents in line with the school policy including but not limited to weekly plans, unit planners and portfolios.
- Prepare and submit a weekly newsletter page for your class.
- Plan, execute and assess math lessons based on the school Scope and Sequence.
- Plan, execute, and assess language lessons based on the school Scope and Sequence.
- Write and implement learning objectives that are challenging and measurable.
- Prepare class for Celebrations of Learning as specified in school policy documents.
Collegiate Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Understand and live the school’s mission.
- Contribute positively to staff morale.
- Take part in all training provided by the school, both internal and external.
- Be prepared to report back about training and/or provide in-service to colleagues.
- Actively participate in Appraisal Procedures.
- Represent the school by being a good role model.
- Work as a team player.
- Maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, line managers, and administrators.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, parents, and staff.
- Model the qualities of the IB learner profile and attitudes and be an active member of the learning community.
- Take an active role in the wider community, participating in extracurricular activities, school trips, and extension activities as necessary.
- Use all school resources effectively with appropriate consideration of financial and environmental impact of all decisions with particular attention to IITA’s commitment to build an ecologically sound future that considers the issues of climate change.
- Take on active supervision during scheduled duties.
- To maintain confidentiality of privileged information about students, faculty members, and administration.
- Coordinate appropriate and ongoing displays of student work.
- Read and properly use the IB guidelines for PYP.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with external stakeholders as parents on the individual progress of students through all means used at The International School of IITA. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for: report cards, parent meetings upon school’s or parents’ request.
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related fields with a minimum of five (5) years experience in an international teaching school.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent teaching skills.
- Have ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the Names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees (which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package).
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 20th December, 2021
Scholarships you may like to Apply:
Chinese Government 2022/2023 Fully-Funded Scholarship Scheme
UNSW Sydney Academic Scholarships for International Students
University of New Heaven Presidential Scholarships for International Students
Shell Career Training Program in Reservoir Engineering
Tiger Brands Young Talent Opportunities for Young South Africans
International Excellence Scholarship at London Metropolitan University, UK
Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program at Yale University
Burger King Mclamore Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023
Hertie School New Perspectives Scholarship for International Students
2022 Davenport University Scholarships for International Students
WAEL Oil and Gas Recruitment for Graduates and Experienced Professionals
Arco Marine and Oilfield Services Limited (AMOSL) Graduate Opportunities
UNSW Global Academic Award to Study in Australia 2022
2022/2023 Marian University International Scholarships for Study in USA
Postdoctoral Fellowship on Food Security and the Environment at Stanford University
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Programme Sub-Saharan Africa (Masters and PhD Studies) 2022 Scholarship.
Mercedes-Benz South Africa Graduate Development Programme 2022 (Paid Traineeship)
University of Toronto Fung Yiu King Memorial Scholarship
University of Copenhagen PhD Positions 2021-2022 [Paid Positions]
British Council International Collaboration Grants 2021 (£3.5m Support Grant)
Mastercard Data and Services Internship Program for Africans 2021/2022
Imperial College Business School Global Leadership Scholarship (Full Tuition Fee)
Tuition Scholarships for International Students at University of Lethbridge
Apply for Chevron Global Human Resources Internship
Apply For 2022 Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships.
United World 2021/2022 Scholarships to Study in United States .
Scholarships 2022/23 for Low Income Country Students to Study in UK.
UNESCO International Centre for Biotechnology (UNECO ICB) 2021/2022 Scholarship Award
Association of Commonwealth Universities Gender Grants 2021
Swinburne University of Technology Scholarships for International Students
Kansas State University Future Student Scholarships and Awards 2022-23
Montana State University (MSU) Presidential Scholarship in USA (Fully funded)
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Job Recruitment for Pre-School Teacher