Recently, I found out that 30 Canadian institutions were counted among the best in the world, according to Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings 2020. This has made the race for a student visa in Canada more challenging than it used to be. Here in this post, you will find the checklist you require to get a Canada student visa at your first try.
RECOMMENDED: 2022/2023 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
I recently came across this site that had some funny but enlightening things to say about Canadians; After I found out that it was illegal in Canada for anyone to have an offensive smell, which could be punishable by 2 years in jail and that Yonge street in Ontario Canada was 1,896 km (1,178 miles) long.
Begins in Toronto and goes due north to just shy of Lark Simcoe, making it the longest street in the world. Couple with the fact that Canada is one of the countries with most educated people in the world. Who knew?
More than 50% of the population has a post-secondary education. Plus, the country has a 99% literacy rate. Not bad, right?
With these facts, I quickly knew where I wanted to get my second degree. For some weird reason, not even known to me, I fell in love with Canada. Quickly I got on with getting a visa, thinking my love for this strange country was all the requirements I needed to get a visa. I received a rude shock when I was declined. I knew I had to go back to the drawing board to get right all I got wrong.
Now, let’s start from here…
THE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS FOR CANADA STUDENT VISA:
The first step is to get a Canada Study Visa application package, either from the CIC website or by contacting your local visa office, or the Canadian embassy or consulate. In order to get your application package, you’ll need to answer a few questions about yourself on the CIC website. To aid your application processes, you will need;
* Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution: You must have a valid acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (DLI). Meaning you must first obtain a standardized letter of acceptance from a recognized higher education provider. Students studying in Quebec must also apply for a certificate of acceptance, known as a CAQ, from the government of Quebec.
* Valid Passport: You must have a valid proof of identity, which includes your international passport as well as two passport-size photos. You also must present valid proof of identity for every single person accompanying the family, including recent passport size photos, their names, and date of birth.
* Proof of Funds: Proof of financial support, to which you must prove that you can support yourself and all your family members (if applicable) while in Canada. This would include your bank account details with a Canadian bank, bank account details for the past four months, and proof of loan details secured from a financial institution as a student, among others.
* Statement of Purpose: Letter of explanation, with details about why you are applying for a study permit, even though you may not need one. Having a study permit also gives you the freedom to work part-time on campus as a full-time student. At the same time, if you wish to continue studying in Canada, you can apply to renew the permit while living in Canada. You don’t have to leave the country to get it renewed.
* Immigration Medical Examination: You may need a medical exam if you want to come to Canada. This is to make sure you’re not inadmissible for medical reasons. If you plan to stay for 6 months or less you generally don’t need a medical exam unless you plan to work in certain jobs.
You may also need to get a temporary resident visa or an electoral travel authorization (ETA), which allows access to the country as a student.
You can apply for a student visa either offline on paper or submit an online application on the official citizen and immigration Canada (CIC) website. A letter of introduction, along with all the necessary documents is needed to be carried to Canada.
DON’T MISS: How To Get New Jobs in USA or Canada.
Fees for Canada Study Visa
- As proof of financial support, you will need to prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family in Canada.
- Applying for a study permit in Canada will cost you CAD150.
- The minimum amount you would need to study in Canada is $10,000 (Plus tuition fees for a 12-month period outside Quebec, and $11,000 plus tuition for the same period in Quebec, for a single student).
- This amount will increase with the addition of each additional family member.
Do not forget to comment on the comment section. Your questions and thoughts are highly welcomed.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article because we enjoyed putting it together for you
Scholarships you may like to Apply:
Note: Pinnacle Report Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That Gives Information Concerning Politics, Jobs, Scholarships, Sports, Relationships, Crime, Health, Entertainment And Lots More.
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
Tips That will Help You Apply for Canada Study Visa 2021 Successful