We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. We need dynamic, highly skilled and passionate persons to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the capacity below:
Job Title: Transport & Logistics Assistant
Job Code: TLA005
Slots: 2 Openings
- The incumbent will provide reliable and secure driving services to the project team and ensure proper use of vehicle assigned.
- The jobholder will ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services.
- S/he will ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle and accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive office vehicle (s).
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Keep record of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service at intervals.
- Make sure that the vehicle always has full tank prior departure for field trips.
- Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Make sure that the daily log book is prepared and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption etc. for the vehicle.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves and its officials.
- Take proper measures to reduce potential security threats to officials or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Collect and delivers mails/documents as assigned.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Assist in moving, relocation and general arrangements of office and shelter furniture and items.
- Record incoming and outgoing movement in the appropriate register.
- Perform Any other duty you may be ask.
Also Check: Current Employment Opportunities at the National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Level of professionalism displayed
- Accuracy of vehicle logs and relevant documentation
- Effectiveness of inputs to cost-savings efforts through proper use of vehicle, maintenance plans and reports
- Efficiency in Transport Logistics operations
- % Reduction in major repair cost
- Compliance with Transportation Management SoPs, Health, Safety and Environmental standards (HSE) and Federal / State Road regulations
- User satisfaction and level of service delivery improvements reported.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Minimum relevant qualification – SSCE and Trade Test or Holder of qualification in Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing transport assistant & driving within a structured organization.
- Holder of a valid Nigeria driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Previous experience in conducting liaison work with government and international agencies and NGOs will be an added advantage.
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to use Microsoft word and Short Message Service (SMS).
- Ability to project a professional image through interaction, appearance and attitude.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME. e.g. “Transport & Logistics Assistant TLA005 Lagos, CLEMENTINA OGBEH”.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated, if suitable applications are received.
- Grant duration – Ends September 29, 2022.
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Recommended: New Job Openings at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0F