The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Receptionist – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Lagos-2021-112
Series/Grade: LE – 0125 4
Promotion Potential: LE-4
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is AA. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required.
- Supervisory Position: No
- The incumbent serves as a receptionist at the US Consulate and is the first point of contact for visitors to the US Consulate.
- The incumbent verifies visitors’ appointments, contacts offices to be visited, ensures visitors are escorted, and provides visitors with relevant information when necessar.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- At least one (1) year of prior work experience with the public in a clerical or security position in a reputable organization is required.
- Must have a good general knowledge of the organization and personnel structure of the US mission, consulate public access controls, and visitor policies. Incumbent is frequently in contact with the public and must have a basic knowledge the local culture for proper interaction and communication with the public.
- Completion of High School is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Good working knowledge of English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to deal with the public in a courteous, yet assertive manner, and deal with emotional or angry visa applicants.
- Be able to explain instructions and/or answer questions in a clear, organized manner. Must be able to write notes to mission officers regarding visitor inquiries and/or problems.
- Good computer user skills (MS Word and Outlook) required for written communication.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN3,241,313 (USD27,184) Annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High School Diploma (Secondary School Certificate)
- For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
Application Deadline 15th November, 2021
- Apply only if you have the desire qualification
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted
Scholarships you may also like to Apply:
- Postdoctoral Fellowship on Food Security and the Environment at Stanford University
- Apply for 2022 ANU Tuition Fee MPhil Scholarship for International Students.
- How to Apply for DAAD In-Country/In-Region Programme Sub-Saharan Africa (Masters and PhD Studies) 2022 Scholarship.
- University of Toronto Fung Yiu King Memorial Scholarship Apply for University of Copenhagen PhD Positions 2021-2022 [Paid Positions]
- Apply for Eric Bleumink Fund Masters Scholarship 2021/22 at the University of Groningen
- How to Apply for 2022 DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarships for Foreign Students and Graduates
- William Georgetti Scholarship 2021/2022 for Postgraduate Studies in New Zealand
- Developing Solutions Masters 2022/2023 Scholarships at University of Nottingham
- How to Apply for NITDA |Bridge To MassChallenge Nigeria 2021
- How to Apply for Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023 for Postgraduate Students
- Graduate Entrance Awards at the University of Calgary, Canada 2021
- IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program for Early Career Researchers
Note: Pinnacle Report Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That Gives Information Concerning Politics, Jobs, Scholarships, Sports, Relationships, Crime, Health, Entertainment And Lots More.
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
United States Consulate General Recruitment for a Receptionist