In continuation of the hybrid selection interviews for the award of the 2022/2023 overseas scholarship scheme (OSS) which began this week, the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is set to screen about 900 candidates online.
Manager, Education and Training and Head, Overseas Scholarship Scheme (OSS), Unit of the Fund, Mr. Bello Mustapha who confirmed the receipt of virtual interview request from about 900 candidates said the Fund have developed a robust virtual interview portal to cater to the increasing demand from candidates who desires to conduct the interview online.
He said the platform was for candidates that were successfully shortlisted to participate in the exercise but were unable to attend due to insecurity, Covid- 19 restrictions, or any other reason that will make their appearance in person infeasible.
Mr. Bello who describes it as part of the innovation being introduced to improve the scholarship process said, the virtual interview has reduced the traffic of people besieging the designated centers for interviews. Adding that “the world has changed and as a responsible organization we must change with it that’s why the whole interview process now is hybrid/Virtual and in-person”.
So far Candidates from the United Kingdom, U.S.A, France, Germany, Malaysia, Canada, and other parts of the world as well as those from all the 36 states of the federation who selected the virtual interview are currently participating in the exercise via the online portal provided by the Fund.
The team of subject matter experts assembled by the PTDF from the industry and academia is engaging the candidates via the PTDF provided online platform, screening them for the onward recommendation for the award of MSc or Ph.D. scholarship in the Fields of Engineering, Geosciences, and Computing and or Environment and Management.
Dr Karimatu Abdullahi, a virtual selection committee member commends the exercise and said it help gives opportunity to a lot of people who may not have to travel from far distance to attend the interview. “it’s impressive, it gives people lots of opportunities, we’ve interviewed somebody that is on the oil rig, we’ve interviewed some people from outside Nigeria and in a different part of the country. This virtual part helps different people to get involved. We see men, we see ladies and all kinds of tribes, it’s a good platform and the internet connection thus far is excellent”.
Dr. Ajiboye Olamidipupo, a virtual committee panelist said the platform allows more people to participate in the PTDF scholarship process, helps in providing convenience to the candidates, and an improvement to the PTDF programmes and projects.
He also appreciates the Fund for the bold step “It’s a very big accolade to the PTDF management because it shows they are thinking ahead, it means that they are not staying behind, but they are moving forward and it shows that everybody is preparing to be at par with the global world, I think it’s a big leap on the part of PTDF management”.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0Fg