At University of York, with generous funding from the Wolfson Foundation, the Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships fund doctoral research in three Subject Disciplines – History, Literature and Languages.
Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships 202-23| DETAILS
Wolfson Scholarships will be awarded to academically excellent applicants who should, ideally, aspire to an academic career. There are three scholarships available for 2022/23, which will be awarded to the top candidates across all Subject Disciplines of History, Literature and Languages.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have applied for, and ideally be in receipt of an offer of a place on, a PhD programme in the relevant department
- Expect to begin your PhD studies on 1 October 2022 (deferrals are not permitted)
- Have a First or 2:1 honours degree or equivalent prior to commencing the PhD
- Have completed a Masters-level qualification before commencing the PhD
- Have a research project that fits within at least one of the Wolfson Foundation’s Subject Disciplines of History, Languages and Literature.
- Open to International (including EU) and UK (home) students. The applicant should be applying for a place on a course in one of the following departments:
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of History
- Department of History of Art
- Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Women’s Studies
Each scholarship offers £30,250 each year (over three years) and covers:
- Tuition fees (at home/international rate; where an international student is awarded, the student’s department covers the difference between home and international fee rate)
- A maintenance stipend of around £22,000 per year
- Some research and training costs.
Applications for the Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships at University of York should be made online by accessing the online application form. For applying for the scholarship, note that;
- You must have made an application for a place of study via York Select before making an application for a Wolfson Scholarship
- This application form is for 2022/23 entry, and opens at midday on Thursday 4 November 2021
- Applicants must indicate an expected start date of October 2022 on their programme application
- The closing deadline for applications is Wednesday 26 January 2022, 5pm GMT
- In the interests of fairness, applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Application Deadline: January 26, 2022
For more information kindly: Visit the Official Website for Further Details
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of Scholarship to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
Wolfson Postgraduate 2022/2023 Scholarships at University of York
Sharing Is Caring