The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
Applications are invited for:
Title: YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition 2022
- A new World Bank regional education strategy for Western and Central Africa outlines priority areas, guiding principles, and policy options to support countries in increasing access to education and improving the quality of learning over the next three years.
- The strategy focuses on the common challenges within a highly diverse region and covers all the sub-sectors of education, including formal and informal, technical, and vocational education, as well as higher education.
- It prioritizes interventions based on the potential to make the most significant impact within a three-year timeframe, building on lessons learned and best practices from the region and across the world.
- We want to hear from YOU! We are launching a poetry competition to showcase the importance of education and access to quality learning for young people in Western and Central Africa.
- Share a creative, inspiring, and artistic 1-minute video of yourself reciting YOUR ORIGINAL POEM for the chance to get featured on our social media channels.
- Through poetry, show and tell us how can education unlock you potential and/or impact your community?
- A citizen of a Western & Central African member country (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Ghana, Equatorial, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Togo)
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- We strongly encourage diverse, untraditional, and unheard voices to enter this competition
- Bank staff including its consultants and their immediate family members, contractors and their employees are not eligible to participate.
- Entries will be judged by officials at the World Bank Group along with a unique group of African artists, influencers, and members of the World Bank’s Africa Western & Central Education Advisory Committee. Judging will take place during the month of August 2022, and selected participants will be contacted by email.
- Submissions will be evaluated based on originality, creativity, artistry, and relevance of the content presented. The judging panel’s decision is final, and no further correspondence will be considered. Selected people will be contacted via the contact information provided with their submission.
- The top five final selected entries will be published on select social media platforms of the World Bank and awarded a prize
- The World Bank has the right to deny payment of the cash award if any winner is ineligible to receive Bank funds under the Bank’s Anti-Corruption Guidelines, Corporate Procurement, and other applicable rules, as determined by the Bank. The winners are solely responsible for any tax obligations for the prize award.
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 20th July, 2022 (11:59 EDT).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Video submission guidelines:
- Upload a 1-minute video of yourself reciting your original poem.
- Your poem should answer the question: how education can unlock your potential and/or impact your community.
- Record yourself in a quiet place (no music or background noise). Listen to your audio before you upload to make sure we can hear you well. No other persons are allowed in the video.
- Make sure the video is not shaky, the camera must be still while filming.
- Ensure your video is artistic, original, and creative. Videos must not have been previously published or used for a commercial purpose such as private sale or used in monetized platforms. All content to be used must be original, including any music.
- Do not add any graphics, text, or captions. If you need to perform your poem in sign language, you are welcome to do so.
- Film in landscape mode.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, you will retain the copyright to the entry and agree to grant the World Bank the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free and worldwide permission to use and publicly display, use in printed publications of the World Bank, its social media platforms, its websites, or in any other media with appropriate attribution to you as the copyright owner of the winning entries.
- The World Bank has the sole discretion to use or not use an entry, or to take down an entry already posted to any of its digital channels. For avoidance of doubt, these rights will revert for entries submitted but not selected as winners of the competition.
- Participants must be between 18 years old or older. The #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition is not directed at minors under the age of 18 years old.
- Participants must be a citizen of a Western & Central African member country (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Ghana, Equatorial, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Togo)
- The World Bank does not charge a fee at any stage of the dual photo contest, or other fee, or request information on participants’ bank accounts. Please, beware of potential scams.
- All submissions in this Contest are public and not private communications. The World Bank is not responsible for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information used in connection with the social media campaign; or (ii) failures or errors which may occur in the administration of the social media campaign.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, The World Bank exclude liability and entrants agree to release and hold harmless The World Bank for any damage, loss, liability or injury to person or property or for any claim arising as a result of your entry into the competition.
- All Bank decisions are final and unappealable.
- You represent and warrant that you are the rightful owner of the entry and of all rights associated with the entry; that you have:
- Not infringed on any third party rights, including copyrights, trademarks, industrial property, trade secrets, confidentiality obligations and rights of privacy and publicity, and have the necessary written release(s) or permission(s) to use any third party rights or intellectual property
- Not violated any applicable law(s) in any countries in the world.
- By joining this competition, you agree that the Bank has the right to verify the ownership and originality of any entry
- You shall submit a written copy of any release or permission you have received from a third-party granting permission. If an entry is selected as a winning entry, and the ownership rights and the originality of an entry cannot be verified, the Bank may select an alternate winner. All Bank decisions are final.
- By submitting an entry, you accept and agree with these terms and conditions. Do not submit an entry if you disagree with these terms and conditions.
- Preservation of Immunities. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the World Bank which are specifically reserved.
- To participate in this competition, the World Bank will collect your personal data, including your name, age, email, Twitter and/or Instagram handle and country of residence to administer the social media campaign.
- This data will be deleted after two (2) years from the end of this competition. The World Bank will process your personal data in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and with our Privacy Notice.
- By entering this competition, you agree to World Bank’s use of your entry and processing of your personal data.
- The World Bank may also publish your name, age, Twitter and/or Instagram handle, and country in the #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition website with the selected entry.
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Recommended: New Job Openings at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0F