If you are interested in finding a nursing job in Australia, you are in luck! Nursing is a very popular profession, especially for overseas workers looking for opportunities in Australia. Demand for nursing jobs is still high in 2023 and you can apply for a study visa in Australia even if you have only completed secondary education. All you need to open the door to a successful nursing career is a six-month nursing course in Australia.
The Demand for Nursing Jobs in Australia
After the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for nursing jobs in Australia has significantly increased. There are three main categories of nursing jobs in Australia, and nurses can earn a competitive salary, ranging from 50,000 to 60,000 AUD annually. On weekends, nurses can earn 50 AUD/hr, and on weekdays, the rate is 35 AUD/hr. With such high demand and attractive compensation, nursing is a profession worth considering.
Who Can Apply for Nursing Jobs in Australia?
Anyone from any country can apply for nursing jobs in Australia. If you have completed your secondary education and are at least 18 years old, you are eligible to apply for an Australian Visa and pursue a career in nursing.
Getting Admission into Nursing Programs
To enter the nursing profession in Australia, you’ll need to get admission into a diploma program, which typically lasts 9 months to 1 year. The best way to pursue this is by applying for a study visa to Australia. There are several categories of nursing courses available:
1. Certificate Three (Assistant in Nurse) Care for Adults
This 6 to 9-month course focuses on caring for adults in various settings, such as care homes. It includes tasks like assisting with dressing, bathing, and feeding. It provides a solid foundation for a nursing career.
2. Certificate Four (Medication Nurse)
By completing this certificate, you become eligible to work in nursing homes and are responsible for administering medications to patients. The course typically takes 6 to 9 months to complete.
3. Enrolled Nurse
This program is more comprehensive and requires 1.5 years to complete. It equips you with the necessary knowledge and skills to become an enrolled nurse.
4. Registered Nurse
If you’re looking for a full-fledged nursing degree, the registered nurse program is the way to go. This program spans 3 years and provides extensive training to become a qualified nurse.
It is advisable to start with Certificate Three or Certificate Four courses as they have high demand and job opportunities. Pursuing a full-time degree program like Registered Nursing can be costly.
Benefits of Certificate Three and Certificate Four in Nursing
Opting for Certificate Three or Certificate Four courses in nursing offers several advantages:
- No need for a degree
- Lower tuition fees compared to full-time degree programs
- Shorter course duration of 6 months
- High job security and demand
- Flexible work shifts (morning, evening, and night)
- Increased job opportunities due to the aging population
- Potential for permanent residency in Australia
Nursing Salary Package</h 2>
After completing Certificate Three or Certificate Four courses, you can earn a good monthly salary without a degree. The average salary is around 5,000 AUD per month, with hourly rates of 35 AUD on weekdays and 50 AUD on weekends. Many nurses prefer working on weekends due to the higher pay per hour.
How to Pursue a Nursing Course in Australia
If you’re interested in studying nursing in Australia, follow these steps:
- Research and find certificate courses in nursing offered by Australian universities.
- Apply online for the chosen course and complete the admission process.
- Pay the required fees and apply for a study visa.
- Once you receive the visa, travel to Australia and begin your nursing course.
- Within six months of completing your course, you’ll have excellent job prospects in nursing.
Bring Your Family as Dependents
If you’re moving to Australia for your nursing studies, you have the option to bring your family as dependents. This allows your partner to enroll in a certificate course, enhancing their career opportunities as well.
Nursing Home Jobs in Australia
Currently, there is a significant demand for nurses in Australia. According to the Australian Immigration Department, there is a shortage of nurses, with a projected need for 85,000 nurses by 2025 and 123,000 nurses by 2030. By completing a nursing course in Australia, you can find numerous job openings in nursing homes and hospitals.
Duration of Nursing Courses in Australia
The duration of nursing courses in Australia varies depending on the program:
- Diploma Courses: 12 months
- Graduate Certificate: 12 months
- Bachelor Degree: 24 months
- Master Degree: 12-18 months
Affordable Nursing Courses in Australia
Several universities in Australia offer affordable nursing courses. Some of them include:
- Central Queensland University
- University of Sunshine Coast
- Flinders University
- Western Sydney University
- Avondale College of Higher Education
- James Cook University
- Monash University
- University of Notre Dame
- Edith Cowan University
List of Nursing Jobs in Australia in 2023 for Foreigners
After completing your nursing course in Australia, you’ll have access to numerous job opportunities in nursing homes and hospitals. Some top websites to find nursing jobs in Australia include:
Steps to Start a Nursing Job in Australia
If you’re ready to embark on a nursing career in Australia, follow these steps:
- Begin searching for nursing courses in Australia that suit your needs.
- Apply foradmission to the chosen university.
- Apply for a study visa or a work visa.
- Successfully complete your nursing course in Australia.
- Start searching for nursing jobs, and you’ll find great opportunities awaiting you.
By following these steps, you can kickstart a rewarding nursing career in Australia with excellent prospects for growth and success
Kindly share, you might help someone achieve this great opportunity