APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting a qualified person to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Clinical Mentor
Requisition ID: api-52101
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Clinical Services
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is supporting the Government of Nigeria through APIN Public Health Initiatives, to implement the first phase of a National HIV Clinical Mentoring programme in 19 Nigerian States for improved HIV service delivery.
- APIN is seeking to recruit qualified persons to fill the critical positions necessary for programme implementation in the various States in Nigeria.
- The candidate is expected to build the capability of frontline Healthcare workers to provide quality HIV clinical services offered as part of a comprehensive package of care.
- Provide on-site clinical training to clinicians on HIV treatment according to the national guidelines, including adult and pediatric ART and the treatment of tuberculosis and other opportunistic diseases.
- Provide training through clinical consultation, assisting local clinicians to identify key bottlenecks affecting patients’ access to antiretroviral therapy (ART), and helping them with direct patient care as needed.
- Provide Continuous medical education, which may include didactic training sessions to health professionals, as needed. All training will be in accordance with the national guidelines.
- Provide health worker capacity building sessions using various methodologies (including use of project ECHO low bandwidth video conferencing)
- Develop standard operating procedures for the provision of HIV clinical care at the health facility in collaboration with the ministry of health and other stakeholders. This may include troubleshooting problems with the patient flow, tracking defaulters, or clarifying referral pathways by developing appropriate algorithms
- Submit a monthly report on training and technical assistance activities, as well as findings and recommendations for strengthening services in the health facility and compliance with the national treatment guidelines
- Perform other duties related to clinical mentoring as assigned
- Must possess a Degree in Medical Sciences (MBBS or equivalent). Postgraduate qualification/Master’s level training in Public Health, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics will be an advantage.
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- At least 5 years experience with clinical HIV and AIDS care, including the provision of antiretroviral therapy (ART)
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with program planning, assessment, and implementation of HIV clinical care programs. Experience in the provision of HIV clinical training
- Previous experience in HIV-related operational research is an advantage
- Good knowledge of current trends and normative guidance (national and international) in HIV clinical care and service delivery
- Experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary HIV clinical teams for effective service delivery
- Willingness to travel to clinics and hospitals in assigned geographical areas
Required Competencies / Skills:
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills to ongoing challenges.
- Strong organizing, planning, and prioritizing skills
- Sensitivity to different cultural working environments
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and write reports
- Capacity to operate both as a team player in large diverse teams as well as individually.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in computers and software/applications such as presentation software, spreadsheets, and video conferencing.
Application Closing Date: 30th June, 2022.
Job Title: Project Officer – NEST MCGL QOC Project
Requisition ID: api-74637
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reducing newborn deaths is a critical global health priority. The Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 3.2 has a target for all countries to reduce neonatal mortality rates below 12/1,000 by 2030.
- At current rates of progress, sub-Saharan Africa will be the last global region to achieve SDG 3.2, reaching the target over fifty years or more too late.
- NEST360 (Newborn Essential Solutions and Technologies) catalyzes change for newborn care, enabling African countries to meet the 2025 ENAP coverage targets and the SDG 2030 newborn survival targets.
- The NEST360 international alliance has been optimizing this multi-stakeholder, evidence-based model in Nigeria since 2019.
- Building on demonstrated evidence of impact at seven hospitals in the southwest region of Nigeria, NEST360 in Nigeria is currently positioned to scale up interventions to more public and private Nigerian hospitals with a high volume of inborn and outborn newborn rates throughout the country.
- NEST360 aims to end preventable newborn death in African hospitals by 2030. Our solution begins with the insight that saving newborn lives requires simultaneous delivery of a package of interventions that cut across the entire health system.
- Together with African governments, educational institutions, and the private sector, NEST was created as a proven package of Newborn Essential Solutions and Technologies designed to ensure that all newborns receive quality care.
- In view of this, NEST360 is now a program that delivers life-saving affordable newborn technologies; builds strong human resources to support newborn care; provides medical technology management and innovation; and shares evidence-based strategies and an investment case to scale and sustain quality newborn care.
- NEST360 program in partnership with APIN Public Health Initiatives is hiring a project officer for USAID supported MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) QOC program based in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
- MCGL is a global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to provide targeted technical and capacity development assistance (TCDA) to countries and local organizations and contributes to global technical leadership and policy dialogue to achieve global MNCH/FP/RH goals by supporting globally-endorsed initiatives, strategies, frameworks, guidelines, and action plans.
- NEST360 MCGL QoC project will be guided by its theory of change that is hinged on strengthening the provision of quality care to newborns, especially the small and sick newborns through capacity building of health workers and institutionalization of clinical enabling environment for service delivery.
- The project officer will be expected to coordinate project planning and support program operations, including ensuring compliance with grant regulations and monitoring of program implementation
- Participate actively in managing program activities, the development and implementation of program activities.
- Contribute actively in monitoring and reporting of program activities including work plan and budget development, implementation of activities and development of activity reports.
- Work with established Quality Improvement teams in supported health facilities and with the headship of health facilities to support the establishment of QI teams in health facilities that do not have any.
- Coordinate the conduct of Health Facility Assessment in supported health facilities
- Work with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders to develop, implement, monitor and report on program activities for quality improvement under NEST MCGL QoC project
- Coordinate in-person trainings and workshops for health workers, including developing training plans, engaging trainers, monitoring training and mentorship activities.
- Participate actively and have managerial oversight over the implementation of NEST360 program activities with high quality, meeting donor and organizational standards.
- In collaboration with the supervisor and the team, work with M&E to ensure timely data collection and data compilation, and ensure timely submission of both internal and donor reports in line with the project work plan.
- Ensure constant liaison with partners, FCTA health officials and facility heads as part of maintaining partnership and engagement with stakeholders in line with NEST360 program strategy for sustainability.
- Facilitate project activities including workshop planning, logistics planning and management, travel arrangements and other activity support to ensure smooth implementation.
- Undertake regular field visits to monitor project implementation and provide on-the-spot support to field teams accordingly.
- Perform any other relevant task as directed by the Rice360 Country Director.
Coordination and Representation:
- Participate in coordination meetings at state/FCT and facility level and ensure representation at field implementation meetings.
- Participate at relevant state/FCT TWG meetings as required.
- Facilitate field monitoring visits for internal and external stakeholders, when required.
Key Working Relationships:
- Line Manager: Rice360 Country Director
- Technical Collaboration: M&E/Training manager; Engineering training and maintenance manager; Qualitative research lead.
- Position has a Supervisory role: 1 data clerk.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health-related field with a Post-graduate qualification (Preferably Master’s Degree) in Public Health, Development Studies, or any other relevant field.
- Previous Training in Project Management or Systems Strengthening.
Work Experience and technical skills required:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in coordination and implementation of health programs, specifically in management of newborn health programs at the state or national level.
- Experience working jointly with national or state, and/or local health actors to strengthen the quality and responsiveness of child health services, particularly newborn health services.
- Technical expertise and working knowledge in the conduct of Health Facility Assessment.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a multicultural system.
- Ability to demonstrate liaison and advocacy skills to establish and sustain productive working relationships with government agencies, stakeholders and other implementing partners.
- Experience in report writing and budgeting (organization and donor reporting)
- Ability to conduct field travel when required.
Computer / Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- English Fluency (spoken and written).
Recommended: Current Employment at Chevron Nigeria Limited
Job Title: NEST Data Clerk
Requisition ID: api-89618
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The data clerk will be responsible for data collection, data cleaning and entry at designated project sites
- Prepares source patient data for data extraction and computer entry
- Resolves discrepancies in source data and retrieves missing or incomplete data where needed
- Participates in Data Quality Assessment and generate monthly data summary report
- Responsible for data checking and entry into online database
- Sort and organize data documents as needed
- Liaise with relevant individuals at designated health facilities to improve quality of source data as needed
- Assist with other administrative and organizational matters on site when requested.
- Reports directly to the NEST Training/ M&E Manager and NEST Nigeria Country Director
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Degree in any related field such as public health and social sciences
- 2 years’ experience as a data entry clerk.
- Ability to work independently, foresee problems and escalate as appropriate.
- Knowledge of Filemaker Pro, CisPro, DATIM, and RADET for reporting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages and other Application softwares.
- Knowledge of REDcap software will be an added advantage
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and honesty.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet browsing, emailing, etc)
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0F