The Humanitarian Funds run a fellowship programme, which aims to give young professionals with experience working for human rights organizations, notably on issues related to contemporary forms of slavery and/ or torture, the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge and skills of these issues within the United Nations system.
Through this programme, fellows will gain working-level experience with the United Nations human rights system in the field of slavery and torture, including the evaluation and management of grants. Upon completion of the programme, fellows will bring back acquired capacity and skills to their community and/or organization.
- This call for applications (open from 15 February to 15 March 2022) is for two fellowship positions, assigned to the Humanitarian Funds Secretariat, within the United Nations Human Rights Office, based in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The fellowship position is offered from 1 August to 31 December 2022 (with a probationary period of two months). An extension up to a maximum of two years may be possible, pending availability of funding and taking into account the interest, motivation and performance of the incumbent.
The fellow will contribute to the work of the Humanitarian Funds including through the following:
- Evaluate and analyse project applications and liaise with applicant organizations to provide technical assistance;
- Conduct substantive research on and analysis of developments concerning contemporary forms of slavery and torture in specific countries;
- Review, record and compile information on best practices and lessons learned from grantees of the Funds;
- Contribute to outreach efforts, and prepare and translate promotional material to increase the visibility of the two Funds (website updates, brochures, social media posts, impact stories, etc.);
- Help organize and participate in the annual sessions of the Funds’ Boards of Trustees, including public events and policy discussions;
- Contribute to the work of other parts of the United Nations Human Rights Office as required.
The fellow will receive financial support from the UN Human Rights Office in the form of a monthly stipend to cover living expenses during the programme. A return flight ticket and health insurance will also be provided. The fellow will receive periodic briefings and on-the-job training about the United Nations human rights system and relevant thematic issues.
- At least two years of professional experience in human rights and/or a related field, with a particular focus on contemporary forms of slavery and/or torture; knowledge of the United Nations system is an asset;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations language, in particular Arabic, French or Spanish is an asset;
- Experience in fundraising, project management and/or forms of direct assistance (including legal, medical, psychological and social services to victims of human rights violations) is also an asset;
- Qualified candidates working with organizations which received or receive funding from the Humanitarian Funds, as well as survivors of slavery or torture, are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given priority. Selected candidates are encouraged to share the knowledge and experience obtained during their fellowship with their organization.
The United Nations believes that an inclusive culture attracts the best talent and encourages all qualified applicants, regardless of colour, gender, social origin, disability, sexual orientation, cultural or religious backgrounds, to apply.
Selection process for 2022:
Candidates should submit their application in an electronic format directly to the Humanitarian Funds Secretariat no later than 15 March 2022 by e-mail: Philippe Tissier (firstname.lastname@example.org). The application should contain the following:
- a fully completed and signed application form and;
- a letter of recommendation from the human rights organization where the applicant works/ed.
The Secretariat of the UN Humanitarian Funds will undertake the selection process. The evaluation of qualified candidates may include a written exam and an interview. The Secretariat’s recommendations will be shared with the Funds’ Boards of Trustees, and all candidates will be notified of the decision by e-mail no later than 1st May 2022.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
2022/2023 Fellowship Programme of the UN Human Rights Office – Humanitarian Funds
Sharing Is Caring