Australian Skills Job Visa 2024: Requirements, benefits and how to apply: Australia is a very popular destination for skilled immigrants looking to move abroad in search of greener pastures. The Australian Skilled Worker Visa (Skills Select) is for individuals or families who wish to move permanently to Australia to pursue a career or opportunity in an area with a labor shortage.
The Australian Skilled Worker Visa is designed to attract workers who want to make a significant contribution to the Australian economy and fill roles that are not available to Australian workers. Skilled immigrants have very high labor force participation rates, stimulating economic growth and creating more jobs.
Australia Skilled Job Visa | DETAILS
The General Skilled Migration (Skillselect) program replaced all other Australian skilled worker visas in 2012-2013. Applicants will be required to meet at least 65 points from the General Skilled Migration (Skillselect) points tables to be considered.
The Skillselect program is for persons who wish to apply for a skilled migration visa so as to live and work in Australia. Under the Skillselect program skilled worker applicants can gain a permanent Australia visa; using their qualifications, work experience and language ability to meet the Australian immigration requirements. The system is similar to an online job board and matches employers with potential employees.
Australia Skilled Worker Visa | Requirements
To qualify for the Australia Skilled Worker Visa, applicants will be required to meet certain requirements such as:
- Nominated occupation: Nominated occupation – when you apply you nominate a skilled occupation, which fits your skills and qualifications. Your nominated occupation must be found on one of the Skilled Occupation Lists.
- Skills assessment: before you apply, you must have your skills assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess your nominated occupation. You must have received a positive result.
- Health assessment: you must undergo a medical assessment, and show that you are in reasonably good health. This must be conducted by a doctor registered with the Australian Embassy.
- Character assessment: Must be of good character, usually this means a criminal record check.
- Previous visa: Applicant must not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused whilst in Australia.
- Expression of Interest (EOI): An EOI must have been lodged.
- Points: Must have received the required points for the relevant visa.
Please note that points are awarded in the following categories:
- English language ability
- Previous Australian and Overseas skilled work experience
- International qualifications
- Australian study requirements and awards
- Credentialed community language qualifications
- Regional Australian Study
- Spouse Skill qualifications
- Professional year in Australia
Skilled Occupation Lists
The skilled occupation list is a list comprising all the eligible skills or occupation that are eligible for visa application to Australia. The Skilled Occupation List (SOL) summarises the occupations that are needed in Australia to fill skill shortages.
Such skills include Accountant (General), Agricultural Consultant, Advertising Specialist, Actuary, Agricultural Engineer,Ambulance Officer, Aircraft Maintenance, Biochemist, Baker, Audiologist, Automotive Electrician,Biotechnologist, Bricklayer, Cardiologist, Chemist,Education Adviser, Economist, etc. You can access the full skilled occupation list Here.
Applicants who are qualified to work in an eligible skilled occupation in Australia and can meet all the other requirements can apply for any of the underlisted visas in Australia:
- Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) – 186 (DE)
- Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) – 189 (PT)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) – 190
- Training Visa (subclass 407) – 407
- Temporary Work Visa (subclass 457) – 457
- Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) – 485 (GW)
- Skilled Work Regional Visa Family Nominated (subclass 491) – 491 (F)
- Skilled Work Regional Visa State or Territory Nominated (subclass 491) – 491 (S/T)
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 494) – 494
- Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) – Short-term stream – TSS (S)
Benefits of the Australia Skilled Worker Visa
- Job Opportunities: The Australia Skilled Worker Visa once granted provides avenue for the immigrant to be offered jobs in his/her area of expertise. Within four months of moving to the country, more than 80 out of 100 migrants with qualified independent visas get work.
- Freedom to Work: The skilled worker visa also makes room for immigrants to apply for and get work permits that grants them freedom to work in Australia.
- Flexible guidelines on immigration: There is no limitation on the number of visas that can be made available through the temporary entry system to professionals and other skilled immigrants. In contrast to other countries, the Kangaroo Land also boasts relatively more versatile and efficient temporary entry arrangements.
- Check first that you meet a minimum point score of 65, that your occupation is indeed included under the list of skilled occupations and that you are eligible to apply.
- An Expression of Interest (EOI) must be submitted, before being invited to apply for the visa. There are basic requirements to meet before submitting your EOI. You will only receive an invitation to apply if your EOI has been selected.
- Receive an invitation to apply. Applicants who score the best are invited to apply, across multiple occupations.
- Apply for a visa. Applicants are given 60 days, from date of invitation, to submit the visa application.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Keep visiting our website regularly for more updates, If There’s any question you have regarding this Scholarship and other jobs alerts, feel free to use the comment box below and we will attain to it. Thanks
Or join our WhatsApp group For More Job, Grants and Scholarships Update
Kindly Share, you might help someone achieve this great opportunity