British Council New Narratives (Africa_UK) Co-Creation Grant Applicants are invited to apply for the British Council New Narratives – Co-creation Grant 2022. Targeting a youth (18 – 35-year-old) audience, the co-creation grant aims to support Africa and UK cultural partnerships to develop digital, face-to-face, and hybrid artistic projects that examine New Narratives.
They are inviting multidisciplinary hubs and/or collectives working across technology, science, or arts and culture to co-create works and/or deliver projects that speak to New Narratives through exploring thematic areas in different disciplines. Themes for projects can range from climate, higher education, arts, digital innovation, heritage/culture, media, and more. The grant will support the production of new works, building connections, and collaboration across different countries. While this grant is not designed for research, an element of research can be included in the project.
Objectives of the Grant
- Storytelling – Using a variety of mediums and platforms, supporting the creation, sharing, and promotion of more nuanced stories that disrupt stereotypical narratives about countries of Africa and the UK.
- Creative output – To support young people to produce new works that offer more contemporary, diverse, and plural narratives.
- Young engagement – To support and engage with more young people to shape current narratives and to facilitate stronger connections between the young people across the countries of Africa and the UK
All applicants will have access to the New Narratives research (commissioned by M&C Saatchi World Services) as a reference point. The research presents:
- A historical review of the narrative trajectories, cultural and socio-political themes dominating relations between the countries of Africa and the UK from 1500 to the present.
- An analysis and comparison of how young people in countries of Africa and the UK view each other, using images from popular culture. These images were gathered by narrative scouts and young people across the two regions.
- Youth discussions with young people from countries of Africa and the UK.
- They are offering three co-creation grants of up to GBP20,000, to three different hubs/collectives.
- Multidisciplinary hubs and/or collectives applying need to work directly with young people aged between 18 and 35years old and the core team can include creatives/practitioners/experts from different countries of Africa and the UK.
- The administrative lead of the application needs to be from one of the primary countries listed, with the rest of the members of the group being from any of the listed secondary countries.
- The group’s capability and skills must be spread across Africa and UK.
- There should be a clear articulation of the roles and responsibilities of each member of the group.
- The successful groups need to have Intellectual Property and other applicable rights agreed on and in place upon the signing of the contract.
- Primary Countries: England, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Northern Ireland, Nigeria, Scotland, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Wales, Zimbabwe.
- Secondary Countries: Algeria, Botswana, Egypt, Libya, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia.
- Interested and eligible collectives/hubs will complete an online form with details of the proposed project and make-up of the collective.
- Hubs/collectives are requested to complete the online form by August 30, 2022 midnight CAT.
- The 3 successful hubs/collectives will be notified by September 12, 2022.
For more information, visit British Council.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2022
See Also: Mèassive Employment Opportunities at the Borno State Ministry of Health and Human Services
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me