The scholarship aims to promote the development of university teaching staff and build capacity for staff in the public sector through postgraduate study programmes at selected Eastern African partner institutions.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from the Eastern part of Africa for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship opportunities for university staff aimed at encouraging mobility of Sub-Saharan Africans to study in participating host institutions within the Eastern Africa Region.
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship for East Africans | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship 2023 for Eastern Africa, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme.
- Be willing to pursue a master’s or PhD courses in their home country or in another sub-Saharan African country.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance.
Check Also: How to Apply for University British Columbia (UBC) 2023 Future Forests Fellowship Program (FFF)
How to Apply
- Online DAAD application form duly completed.
- Curriculum vitae (Max. 3 pages).
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages).
- Recommendation letters
- Letter of admission from the host institution
- Proof of necessary language skills for the desired programme.
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts of records for all study year.
- Passport/national identification card.
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor or commitment letter from the host institution that a supervisor will be assigned.
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal (8-10 pages).
- Abstract of the proposal on one page.
Application Deadline: 9th December 2022
For more information kindly: Visit the Official Website for Further Details